Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the Kicker driver side trunk sub to my BA Sound Group II system.Very pleased with the sound if I fold one of the rear seats forward but not as much with the rear seatbacks upright.My solution was to buy two four inch diameter subwoofer bass ports and cut two four inch holes behind the rear seat armrest just big enough to friction fit the bass ports and I cut them off flush on the back side of the seat.It looks totally factory like it should have come this way and my bass can get from the trunk to the interior of the car.It required me to remove the driver side rear seatback which includes the armrest.You will have to partially remove the cover from this seat which is easy(clips,zipper,and velcro).You will have to remove the armrest as you will have to trim out part of its mounting bracket if you want to place 2 four inch bass ports.I cut the fabric behind the armrest and the seatback with a razor first then hand sawed the cutouts.You could probably use a four inch hole saw but the internal seatback is not flat and is very hard plastic.This mod took me about five hours because I am anal about the fit and finish and wanted it to look completely factory.I like mods that don't look like mods and look like the car came that way from the factory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts