Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I would like to convert my 74 Challenger from manual to power steering. Has any one done this? I know I need a gear box, pump, reservoir, filter, and hoses. And most pump come with out the pulley and mounting bracket. Any recommendation on who makes parts that are worth the money and where should I get them? Is there any other parts that may be required?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Gary

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,142 Posts
Hey guys,

I would like to convert my 74 Challenger from manual to power steering. Has any one done this? I know I need a gear box, pump, reservoir, filter, and hoses. And most pump come with out the pulley and mounting bracket. Any recommendation on who makes parts that are worth the money and where should I get them? Is there any other parts that may be required?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Gary
You will also need either a complete steering column from a power steering car or at least the steering shaft (inside the Steering Column) from a power steering car. The shafts are different lengths.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I saw something about that when researching parts. I know someone sells just the shaft which should of course be less expensive than the entire column assembly. Any idea where I can purchase the pulley and pump mounting bracket? I haven't been able to find those yet.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,142 Posts
Yea, I saw something about that when researching parts. I know someone sells just the shaft which should of course be less expensive than the entire column assembly. Any idea where I can purchase the pulley and pump mounting bracket? I haven't been able to find those yet.
Sorry no idea on either, but the parts should be the same as a b body(coronet, satellite etc)with the same engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts