Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good day to all. so i had my shifter changed to a hurts short throw, not that it would seem to make a difference to the trany but I've noticed once the car warms up it sounds like the throw out bearing is making sounds. any ideas?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,977 Posts
good day to all. so i had my shifter changed to a hurts short throw, not that it would seem to make a difference to the trany but I've noticed once the car warms up it sounds like the throw out bearing is making sounds. any ideas?
If the TO bearing you should be able to effect the noise by depressing the clutch pedal. My limited experience is a bad TO is only noisy when the pedal is depressed. It is not noisy when the clutch pedal is released.

I know of no reason the TO bearing should even be touched during a shifter installation. Unless -- and I've never heard of this being necessary -- the transmission has to be dropped to install the new shifter.

My WAG is the noise you hear is probably the new shifter linkage rattling. If this is the case moving the lever putting some "load" on the linkage should affect the noise.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,508 Posts
How many Miles on the vehicle? Also Hard Miles vs. Normal Driving ?
As for the Shifter should not be affecting it how ever if the throw out bearing has a lot of ware and now your driving it more aggressive with the short throw shifter
that is just sounding like its time for some maintenance. New Disk Pressure Plate TB and Resurface the Flywheel and your good to pound gears for a while.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies it only rattles when the clutch is released in neutral

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,977 Posts
thanks for the replies it only rattles when the clutch is released in neutral

Time I think to arrange to get the car in the air and from underneath observe the linkage to see if it is vibrating. At the same time you can use a mechanic's stethoscope to listen to the bell housing and transmission case to try to pinpoint more precisely where the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi FRicart,
If you're thinking you'd like to have this looked at by the dealer, let us know. We're available via direct message and can help with this process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts