·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ChallengerForumZ is proud to present out Member of the Month for March

6.1SilverFox
CFMOTM_01.jpg

The Silver Fox

Thanks to the great folks of the Challenger ForumZ for the recognition to join the ranks of Member of the Month.

It took a while for this Challenger to become a part of our life. I’m a long time MOPAR Fan and have enjoyed others Challengers for many years. I had the privilege of knowing and working with a MOPAR Performance guy in the Central Florida area. Moved a bunch of MOPARS out of that shop. With that friendship I’ve enjoyed many experiences that have brought me to where I am today with this 2009 SRT.

In the Spring of 2018, I started looking for a low mileage 6.1 Challenger and came across this one fairly close to the Northern home in Virginia. It had all the bells and whistles for the 2009 model. The first Modification was the Diablo Tuner, which should come as no surprise. I know what a custom tune on one of these Engines can do. After that eye opener came the need to allow the engine to breath better. I freed up the air going in and the air going out with easy intake and exhaust modifications. I did a few exterior touches to make it my own like painting the insides of the wheels a graphite gray to contrast the silver OEM Wheels. Window Tint to protect the interior and the Headlight backouts to give it a sinister look.

Years ago, I had the opportunity to do early 3rd Generation HEMI engine testing with Superchips, SCT and Diablo on the HEMI RAM Platforms. These folks were all near the Space Coast at the time and I was able to take full advantage of their talents. I was able to provide a test subject for them you might say.

LPM was another group of folks that I had the privilege of working with. These Engine builders were breaking new ground on the LX Platforms at the time with the first Twin Turbocharged 6.1 HEMI Challenger at 1000 ground pounding horsepower. I currently have one of their 6.1 based 426 HEMI’s in a RAM. Going back nearly fifteen years, Sean (HemiFever) and A. J. (formerly from Arrington) are well acquainted with tuning on my boosted 7.0 HEMI. The 6.1 Engine block is what drove me towards the early Challenger SRT model.

I’ve been showing and Drag Racing the HEMI Truck for many years and it was time to move towards a two-door car to toy with. These days I bring the Truck to Car Shows and my wife drives in with the Challenger. She loves to drive that car and talk it up at the Car Shows.

I had a blast getting together with our Forum Members doing the Skyline Cruise this past fall. We have a great bunch of folks with a great common interest. Looking forward to our next get together in May.

My wife and I really enjoy going out cruising in the Challenger together. Nothing is better than going out with your gal in a hot rod with or without the tunes blasting. All while giving those Corvettes, Camaros and Mustangs a rough time.

Thanks again for the privilege of being the Challenger ForumZ March 2019 Member of the Month. -Go MOPAR-

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,357 Posts
Congrats, well done, and thanks for supporting.

Reactions: 6.1SilverFox

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,580 Posts
Enjoyed reading your write up - Congratulations!!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,463 Posts
Nice writeup, Bill. Congrats on the MOTM

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,312 Posts
Congratulations to you sir!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
30c9b692a9ec18884321864467513491--congratulations-card-smiley-faces.jpg
Welcome to the MOTM club, glad to have you ! enjoyed your write up.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,100 Posts
Congratulations to our newest MOTM! Enjoyed reading your story!!!

·
Now that was dumb!
6,003 Posts
Well done Bill.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts