Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there's something wrong with my kids (girl 10, boy 8, and another girl 6). Whenever i need to take any of them anywhere, they all want me to take the minivan. Ugh. I can't believe it. Maybe it's the comfort, maybe it's because they can't see much out of the back seat, but I do feel like I have the only kids in the world who prefer riding around in a minivan to a challenger. My youngest, the 6-yr-old-girl, is my best hope: she does like to ride in the challenger (go fast, daddy!), but I wonder if she's just trying to make me happy. The other two, ugh, it's like pulling teeth. Please tell me I'm not the only one!!!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
do you have one of those tv units in the van? We had one of those and my kids only wanted to take the van....all the time!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Don't have one of those in my house....no minivan either. My 13 year old was brought home from the hospital in a Mustang Cobra R....it's been nothing but performance for him ever since! I'm doomed!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
do you have one of those tv units in the van? We had one of those and my kids only wanted to take the van....all the time!
That's what I was thinking...no wonder we have ADD-addled kids needing constant entertainment eh?

·
Premium Member
18,530 Posts
Glad to see you back here Phil.I'm guessing the shoulder is coming along. :smileup:
No you're not the only one. My 25 year old considers cars nothing more than transportation. There is some hope for my 17 yr old ( going on 30 ) but since he's driving on his own, the last thing he wants to do now is drive with his Dad.
Your kids are young so you still have a chance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, the dvd in the minivan poses considerable competition. but this happens even on short trips where there's no tv allowed. to be fair, i didn't care about cars much during my teens through 30s. (i did love them as a little kid, though!) it hit me at 40. maybe just late bloomers, like me?

hey art: shoulder's healing up nicely, thanks. been 4 months since surgery and i'm 95% there. that last 5% takes a long time, though.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I too have that problem ,My son should be on the big bang theory, he has no interest in cars except for transportation. When I was his age I had rebuilt my car engine and modded the heck out of my 65 Impala.... all this technology now a days is more interesting I guess...

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
No, you're not the only one. My oldest wouldn't even stick around to hand me a wrench back in the day. His younger brother didn't even want to start driving until it was clear that he had to or just not get anywhere.
Suddenly one day my oldest said he wanted to become an auto technician! I couldn't believe my ears! and my younger son is into (at least it's something) Bimmers and Maseratis!
Both of my sons enjoy our rides together in the Challenger and they just have this feel for HP.
I guess my parents couldn't read me either. Just Sayin'. Lou.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
My kiddos (6 and 8) refer to the exhaust roaring as the "sound of victory"..... god bless them.... :)

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
My son is 23 and I believe he is a country boy at heart, so he likes cool trucks and horsepower. However, he does love my car!! He hopes to get it someday when I am too old to manage it! That is going to be a while!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh boy, the op has the same issues I did. At the time I had several nice cars (shelby and saleens) and I'd get yelled at by my daughter why I always had to take "one of those cars" when I took her to school ! My son is 25 and lives in NY and could not care less about cars and just sees them as transportation.

My daughter when she was younger would hand me an occasional wrench when I had the car up on the hoist. But as she got older (high school) I thought she would like being driven to school in a nice ride. Boy was I wrong! She'd stomp out of the house and go take the bus before getting in one of the cars. I give up!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wonder does my dad feel the same way about me when it comes to hunting and fishing

·
Registered
144 Posts
they need to get older,

my son is 12 now and he appreciates muscle cars, he loves to take the Challenger out and scare small animals and children

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
My son is 23 and I believe he is a country boy at heart, so he likes cool trucks and horsepower. However, he does love my car!! He hopes to get it someday when I am too old to manage it! That is going to be a while!!
You betcha on that last statement! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hmmmm, my son loves to ride in the Challenger, he hopes most times he is the only one riding so he can sit in the front.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Marc: I think a big part of it might be that they're too young/small to sit in the front (at least according to oppressive Nanny State of MD). Maybe it's hard to enjoy too much from a back seat with no view of the road.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
It's obviously about comfort and and not able to see out in a 360 view

1 - 19 of 19 Posts