Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I was parked out front of my son's school and this guy rolls up and compliments the car. I say thanks and then he says, what is that? 2008? I say, no, it's a '13 . . .

My first instinct was, "Uh, what the heck?" How do you confuse an '08 to a '13, then it hit me . . . The Challenger's design was so well done in looks that it doesn't seem like much was changed . . . but look at the Mustang & Camaro. In Ford's Family, they went all different in front looks and that slanted back after 2011 (May I ask why when the '05-'08 looked really "cool retro"? Then in the Chevy Cousin changed the tailights (FINALLY!) but the front looks like a retarded (forgive me as this may not be P-C) Corsica. Why the hell did GM changed the front? The front from the first retro-release looked like an eagle that says, "Yeah, what about it? I'm American? Jealous? You should be, I can kick your butt and still have time to kiss your girlfriend." Now the front looks like, "I'm going to the grocery store to pick up some maxi-pads. Oh, and I'll get some for you too."

(Pause and Breathe) But after that comment from that other parent that thought my car was an '08, I realized, Dodge did it right from retro-beginning to now. And I'm thankful that they stayed with their muscle-beginning roots in looks.

You would think that manufacturers would work things out so that we don't deal with taking our cars apart, like legos, to get rid of a sound or vibration.

Thanks for letting me vent . . . if you want to know who I am, I'm the guy on the left side of the bar on his 10th beer.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
You're gonna love this video review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xgdGuQ1Lw

and...

When you want to buy a muscle car, there are basically three models to choose from: Challenger, Mustang or Camaro. Each of them is unique in its own different way, and picking the right one depends just on your taste and expectation.

The 2013 Mustang GT is powered by a 5.0-liter V-8 engine that delivers a total of 420 horsepower. This output puts it somewhere between the R/T and SRT 8 Challenger versions, but the Mustang has the advantage of being a little bit cheaper than the upper-level R/T models: $30,750.

On the other hand, you have to consider that the Mustang is the dream car of any 16-years old kid, so maybe you want to do a little bit better than that.

The Camaro SS is powered by a 6.2-liter V-8 engine that delivers a total of 426 horsepower — an output that also place it between the R/T and SRT8 versions — but like with the Camaro is also a little bit cheaper that the top R/T trims: $32,635.

And again, if you ask us the Camaro is not quite the right choice for a man who looks for an aggressive car, and we consider the Challenger a more appropriate choice.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/dodge/2...-ar147118.html
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/dodge/2013-dodge-challenger-r-t-and-srt8-392-ar147118.html

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
the Challenger is def the best retro look ! & they stayed on course 2008- 2015 ( looks like the 2015 will still be retro ) as for
the Mustang - I was looking on there lots in 2005 , I was like wow awesome they did do a great retro !! I almost bought one too, and even today, they still have that retro look.
as for the CAMARO,
i owned a 1969, 1979, 1986, 1992.
I do like the new look, However its bottom of the 3 when it comes to retro looks. It does remind me of there 1967-69 camaro. i hated my 79 camaro, i didnt like the euro look they went to 1970-1981.
the DODGE CHALLENGER , hands down is the best looking of the 3, IMO.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Recently saw what Chevy did to the front end of the Camaro...oof, boy it looks terrible. Didn't see the rear though so can't comment on it. It was #2 of the retro cars for me. Now it's tied in last with the Mustang (which I've never liked).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts