Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the newer MBRP exhaust (with the tuners) on their srt8? Is it worth the $$$?

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Hi there, i put the old system on mine in 2010, i still love the sound, and they still look like new, great quality for sure. I can't tell you how they sound with the tuner but i would think that the drone would have been eliminated . I can't complain about that because i don't do many miles on the highway. Check on YouTube, i'm sure you can find a clip with the sound .Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supposedly the tuners eliminate the "drone". Did you do the install, or did you take it somewhere?

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Hi again, i did the install, took me about an hour to removed and replace the entire exhaust system. It fit perfectly,make sure to place the collars at the right place the first time, i had to replace 2 of them because they were not aligned and i had problem bolting them , totally my fault. As far as i know, the drone is eliminated with the new system.The sound on my exhaust have changed a bit since the install, it is getting more throaty in my opinion,nothing wrong about it. For information, the car was on a lift so it help greatly .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up on the collars. I'll keep that in mind when I'm doing the install.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the "no drone" exhaust yesterday. It looks good and sounds good. The drone doesn't seem to be totally eliminated...it's still there around 1500-1600 rpm...but it's not significant enough to be a problem.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
I installed the "no drone" exhaust yesterday. It looks good and sounds good. The drone doesn't seem to be totally eliminated...it's still there around 1500-1600 rpm...but it's not significant enough to be a problem.
Can you post a video?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to see about borrowing a camera to take a video...my cell phone is a dinosaur. I ordered it from usmusclemods.com. They have a pretty decent video for it. I will say that they were driving a manual tranny or using the auto stick on manual because the bulk of the exhaust sound, in their video, was the higher rpm sound. It's definitely not a quiet exhaust...she rumbles under load and higher rpm (1500 and up), but it's not the raging loud exhaust of the machines we were building when we were teenagers. We'll call it the "conservative loud exhaust" for those of us over 40. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts