Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is crazy boys and girls. I was just fine 3 days ago and then was coming up the basement stairs on Wed morning when I started to black out. Long story short I end up in ER. Out of nowhere, electical part of my heart is screwed up. So was feeling a little better when this morning on my birthday yet the whole intensive care unit rushes into my room with all this stuff as my heart rate jumped to 220 and wasn't about to come down. I was scared out of my mind. Then Doctor finally gets there. They're trying all kinds of iv meds till finally it came down to 90 -100. And off to cardiac icu I go which is where I'm at now....So my friends on the "Z" coolbreeze aint so cool right now. But I'm glad I'm able to function enough to use my tablet and say "Hey" :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
WOW, that is scary! All the best wishes and prayers for your recovery! Take it easy and do what the Health Professionals say. They know their job!

Get back to being "cool". Take it easy.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,945 Posts
This is crazy boys and girls. I was just fine 3 days ago and then was coming up the basement stairs on Wed morning when I stareted to black out. Long story short I end up in ER. Out of nowhere, electical part of my heart is screwed up. So was feeling a little better when this morning on my birthday yet the whole intensive care unit rushes into my room with all this stuff as my heart rate jumped to 220 and wasn't about to come down. I was scared out of my mind. Then Doctor finally gets there. They're trying all kinds of iv meds till finally it came down to 90 -100. And off to cardiac icu I go which is where I'm at now....So my friends on the "Z" coolbreeze aint so cool right now. But I'm glad I'm able to function enough to use my tablet and say "Hey" :4-dontknow:
Wow that is not the way to spend a birthday at least you are out of danger for the moment . Hope they get you figured out and you have a speedy recovery.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Scary episode, bro. Glad to read that you're doing better and I hope that you're close to going home soon.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot guys. Yeah this just came out of nowhere and for a while which was a long while, I really thought I was finnished. And redline, you're funny man. And that humor is good...very much needed at a time like this. This cardiac electical doctor will be coming in later to give me my options I presume.

·
13,007 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, I wish you well and a speedy recovery

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Holy Moly CoolBreeze!!! All your Forum Friends are pulling for you....we're right there with you....keep us posted and know that you're in good hands.
Sending good MOPAR vibes your way!!!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
scary stuff my friend... glad you are doing "ok" now and seem to be stable... life is crazy sometimes and things can change so fast... i guess that's why they say live every day as if it's your last... i hope you get well and get home soon! we're all here for ya!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Coolbreeze, scary indeed, hope you come through this soon. I had a similar scare a couple of years ago, it actually feels like your heart is trying to jump out of your chest, just like the cartoons. Take care and best wishes.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Coolbreeze, scary indeed, hope you come through this soon. I had a similar scare a couple of years ago, it actually feels like your heart is trying to jump out of your chest, just like the cartoons. Take care and best wishes.
Thanks, yeah that's pretty much how it felt. I told the nurses it felt like it was going to blow up. The medicine that finally stabilized me is Amiodarone. They may switch to one called Flecainide. But my regular cardiologist told us earlier that he personally doesn't like it because it has a ton of side affects. But we'll see what this electrical guy says.
It's nice to get so many well wishes from you guys.

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
Thanks, yeah that's pretty much how it felt. I told the nurses it felt like it was going to blow up. The medicine that finally stabilized me is Amiodarone. They may switch to one called Flecainide. But my regular cardiologist told us earlier that he personally doesn't like it because it has a ton of side affects. But we'll see what this electrical guy says.
It's nice to get so many well wishes from you guys.
Hang in there man! Rapid heartbeat is no fun...been there, though I haven't blacked out. I was getting the fast heartbeat every so often with no real pattern. Sometimes just sitting in the couch, others while driving. Go from normal to your heart beating like mad feeling like it's gonna come out of your chest. Start sweating heavy, pain in the arm, even worse, pain in my jaw. First time it happened I went to the ER. They had me cough hard and also clench up my guts. Said it sometimes resets the rhythm of your heart, but it didn't so they stuck a needle in my arm to slow it down. It was up well over 200, I forget the exact number but I'd say it matched your 220 and then some. :)

Worst time was driving home after a company picnic 2 summers ago. A four hour drive home and the rapid heartbeat was going the whole time. Was not easy driving. Almost pulled off the highway for a hospital but I'm stubborn and pushed on. Doc told me I should stop if it doesn't sort itself out after 45 mins to an hour.

Now I take a pill daily that's usually prescribed for angina I think, and I've not had a bad episode since. It's meant to keep your heart rate regulated and seems to be working. So, chin up and all of that...get better! :smileup:

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.