Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More and More Fiat takes the Mopar out of Mopar ,:smiledown: keep saying Fiat was not Mopar's Savior like many think, No more SRT Jeeps or Chryslers , disbanding SRT all together , Take a Fiat Linea rebody it and call it a Dart.
Mopar accessories for a Fiat 500 (More for that then a Challenger)

And Imported from Detroit that I see adorn many Challengers LOL your Challenger is Built in Canada with Mexican built engines .

And Now Moving Corporate HQ will now be "Merged" with Fiat in London :Hey:
Bye Bye Mopar :sad:

You won't be seeing Sergio Marchionne in his famous sweaters running day-to-day operations of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles from Michigan. Although, he won't be doing it from Italy, either. The FCA CEO recently announced that the company's corporate headquarters would be located in London.

"Headquarters will be in London. It's clear that group executive functions, the board, my office, some of my functions, need to operate out of London, but that doesn't mean that I'm giving up my operational responsibilities of the US," said Marchionne to Automotive News at a press conference.

When the creation of FCA was announced, the company said its tax domicile would be in the United Kingdom. But it gave no specific location at that time. The business is still keeping most of the details under wraps.

Chrysler spokesperson Gualberto Ranieri did confirm to Autoblog that the move to London will happen "later this year." FCA board meetings will be held in London, as will some corporate functionals. "But that will not mean that Mr. Marchionne will give up his operational duties in the US, including his office in Auburn Hills," Ranieri said.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/09/fiat-chrysler-headquarters-london/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Faut

·
Registered
575 Posts
More and More Fiat takes the Mopar out of Mopar ,:smiledown: keep saying Fiat was not Mopar's Savior like many think, No more SRT Jeeps or Chryslers , disbanding SRT all together ,
I got the impression they simply folded SRT back into Dodge, putting it back the way it was until a couple years ago (i.e. it's no big deal, right?). Similarly, they spun off Ram Trucks (which I still find a bit surprising). Both seem to invite (or require) another level of management.
Take a Fiat Linea rebody it and call it a Dart.
I've heard the new Dart was based on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Is that the same thing? Regardless, is that a bad thing? I mean, sure, it's got its flaws but, the Caliber was done and I'm sure they didn't have the time or resources to start from scratch.
And Now Moving Corporate HQ will now be "Merged" with Fiat in London :Hey:
Well, you didn't expect the Fiat brass to move to Detroit, did you?

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the impression they simply folded SRT back into Dodge, putting it back the way it was until a couple years ago (i.e. it's no big deal, right?). Similarly, they spun off Ram Trucks (which I still find a bit surprising). Both seem to invite (or require) another level of management.

I've heard the new Dart was based on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Is that the same thing? Regardless, is that a bad thing? I mean, sure, it's got its flaws but, the Caliber was done and I'm sure they didn't have the time or resources to start from scratch.

Well, you didn't expect the Fiat brass to move to Detroit, did you?
HUH duh the Fiat placed Sergio was in Detroit :4-looney:

SRT yes Back into Dodge no big deal unless you Liked the Jeep GC SRT or Chrysler SRT both under this fold into Dodge are gone.

I here a few more changes are underway also just sit back and wait.

·
Registered
575 Posts
HUH duh the Fiat placed Sergio was in Detroit :4-looney:
Exactly. Safe bet that Motown isn't the sort of place he or the rest of the corporate brass cares to call home.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
who would want to be in Detroit ! hes lucky he hant been mugged yet !! LOL !
I woudnt worry, There at least keeping jobs here, Its getting so hard to find stuff
made in USA and Canada !

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
who would want to be in Detroit ! hes lucky he hant been mugged yet !! LOL !
I woudnt worry, There at least keeping jobs here, Its getting so hard to find stuff
made in USA and Canada !
LOL so true Cheap housing there :smileup: Now part of my dislike of Fiat comes from actually being in Europe which I realize many just speak from what they see here :att: And what Fiat really thinks about USA , and then there is Fiats last try to get your $$$ the other Fiat awesome car company named YUGO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts