Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to do the MFER-1, I have the Dynomax mini bullets which I installed after the running the car with a muffler delete (straight piped the mids) for almost a year, the bullets definitely sound better as it is deeper but I feel like it is also quieter now, so I want to go with the MFER-1s, my question is Do you face any drone issues? I'm really afraid of the horrible drone as I have the stupid MDS, did you notice that the sound in the cabin increased with the windows up cruising the highway?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Part of the reason for the design of the active exhaust was to get rid of the drone. So, it is possible that you might have some drone. Installing the MFER-1 was something I considered but after reading a detailed description of the active exhaust function and its design, it was better to leave it be. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part of the reason for the design of the active exhaust was to get rid of the drone. So, it is possible that you might have some drone. Installing the MFER-1 was something I considered but after reading a detailed description of the active exhaust function and its design, it was better to leave it be. Just my thoughts.
That is exactly my concern, I know for a fact that the valves are there to control the noise of the car, the argument with backpressure and all that is not true IMO but having a louder noise inside the car is inevitable my concern is how much drone, especially when that MDS kicks in, I just don't want it to feel like I'm inside a washing machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts