Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered these MGP caliper covers?

I have a 2018 Scat Pack with the Dynamics Package, it looks like if you have that package you cannot order? they don't fit?

Emailed the vendor with no response.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
784 Posts
Covers are not good to use they can come loose and do damage, they also do not shield heat well best Painting the Calipers with Caliper Paint...

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,100 Posts
Has anyone ordered these MGP caliper covers?

I have a 2018 Scat Pack with the Dynamics Package, it looks like if you have that package you cannot order? they don't fit?

Emailed the vendor with no response.

Thanks!

If you have the dynamics package, you won't be able to order.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
124 Posts
I'd recommend getting a can of POR 15 caliper paint and some brushes and tape for about $25 total and setting aside a weekend to get artsy fartsy and paint your brakes. It takes about 24 hours for the paint to cure and the car to be drivable, but IMO it's well worth it. It takes some time but I personally think painted brakes any day of the week will look better and more authentic. I just painted my Durango's brakes two weeks ago without even removing the calipers. I took the time to mask and cleaned everything well. They look terrific and POR 15 is a tough and thick coating, so it will last a long time and it will smooth out the rough cast brake surface.

I'd always say it's worth the extra work; and when done right, will look so much better than some fake covers.

Also... its cheap.

·
Registered
124 Posts
G2 is good. The only issue is, once you open it up, you have to use it or it goes bad and hardens, like an epoxy resin, whereas POR 15 is a special ceramic paint and is still good if you keep the lid on it. G2 does take less time though.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts