Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chet (hoyt66) and I have been discussing having a get together in the Detroit Metro area for some of us Michigan and nearby owners sometime in mid/late June. We thought it might be nice to get together with some local members and meet up in person, hang out, check each other's rides out in person, etc.

Just wanted to put the feelers out and see if anyone would be interested. I'll list a few possible dates below...

1.) Saturday, June 14th
2.) Saturday, June 21st
3.) Saturday, June 28th

I figured Saturdays might be best for people with work and other family obligations on Sunday, but if it turns out there's a better day for everyone we can change it.

Once we figure out how many people are actually interested and where everyone would be coming from, we can then determine a location that is best for everyone.

If you could please respond with the following items, it would help us plan things out...

1.) Your name and if you're interested in coming
2.) Where you're from
3.) What date/time would work best for you (along with a secondary date/time)

Let me know if you guys/gals are interested and maybe we can all get together and meet up for some fun with our Challengers! :smileup:

Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey Carl ,
I would be interested in a meet somewhere, Saturday's are good for me , some times though I have to baby sit my grandson, but heck he can go with me. I know there are other challenger owners running around here but don't know if they are on the Z.
Let's see how much interest you get...
Elton Smith
Bay City, Mi
Thanks

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok sounds good, glad to hear you're interested. We'll see what kind of turnout we get here on this thread first. Would be nice to get together with some other Z members and other Challenger owners as well!

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Awesome Carl . Thanks for posting that up. This will be fun. I'm good any of the Saturdays listed

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was out driving with my family today in the Challenger and must have seen about 8-10 different Challengers all over. One guy got up along side of me and we started talking, etc. There are a lot of Challengers in the area by me, but I'm not sure if any of them are on this forum or not. Wish we had a way to reach some of those guys too.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any other members on here in the Michigan area that would be interested in doing a meet-up? Was hoping to get a little better response. Would be cool to get together this summer!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Hey Carl count me in as well. The way things go here I can't say it would be definate as it would be more like 50/50 if I could make it or not. If it works out I'll definately be there !

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi, Carl. Yes... I'd definitely be in for a meet and greet.

Name is Mark and I'm in Sterling Heights... but soon Washington Twp.

Right now all of those dates work for me, but the only wrinkle I may have is that we are most likely moving in June and it may conflict. Hopefully not!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool sounds good! Glad to see there's some interest! We'll see how many more people we can get and then start determining where the best location would be for all of us.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
1) cdahl383 (Carl) Detroit

2) hoyt66 (Chet) Lake Orion

3) Bones007 (Elton) Bay City

4) TJGS- Wyandotte

5) SRT8MARK (Mark) Sterling Heights/Washington Twp.

6) SPPMO- Swartz Creek/ Flint area

7) Rskrupa- Warren

Shaping up!!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking good so far! Let's keep it going! How about some more Michigan members!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any more Michigan members that would be interested in meeting up sometime in mid/late June on a Saturday?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ya'll need to come to Beer City.
I'll wait for the west side get together.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Ya'll need to come to Beer City.
I'll wait for the west side get together.
Grand Rapids, yeah, that's a little hike. Congrats on the beer city win!

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I was cruisin around Lake Orion a little this evening and saw three other Challengers. Maybe I need to make a flyer for this and hand them out when I

see another Challenger...If I could get them to pull over... Hey, the guy on "Counting Cars" gets ppl to pull over and sell him their cars...why not?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha yeah that'd be cool! I was thinking the same thing. There are so many Challengers that I see on the road, but it's hard to flag people down. There is a guy down the street from me, literally 6 houses down with a gray R/T 6 speed with some nice exhaust, I could just go walk down there and ask him haha!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, so I've been talking with Chet and we decided that Saturday, June 21st and 1pm would be a good date/time to meet up. Now we'll have to determine where everyone is coming from and figure out a good meeting spot. I'd like to keep it somewhere in the Detroit Metro area if possible since that's where most of us who have responded so far are from.

Any thoughts are welcome. We'll try to determine the location before the end of this week and post it up here for everyone.

If any of you have any friends/family that aren't on the Z but have Challengers and might be interested in coming, pass the word along, the more the better!

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Ok, so I've been talking with Chet and we decided that Saturday, June 21st and 1pm would be a good date/time to meet up. Now we'll have to determine where everyone is coming from and figure out a good meeting spot. I'd like to keep it somewhere in the Detroit Metro area if possible since that's where most of us who have responded so far are from.

Any thoughts are welcome. We'll try to determine the location before the end of this week and post it up here for everyone.

If any of you have any friends/family that aren't on the Z but have Challengers and might be interested in coming, pass the word along, the more the better!
Sounds good. I would think the back of a big parking lot would be good. Maybe somewhere along Woodward?? A little pre dream cruise if you will??
Just a thought. A park would be good too...no dirt roads though:smiledown:

1 - 20 of 174 Posts