Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hoping you can help.. is mid muffler delete legal in PA and will it pass emissions inspections? Also has anybody installed a 2 stepmom theirs?

·
Registered
576 Posts
It may help if you have a little relationship with where you get it inspected. It is not legal to modify your exhaust in most states. PA is particularly tough on any modifications to your vehicle. Way back in 1972, I could not get my 1969 Sixpack Road Runner inspected at my local Chrysler Plymouth dealer in Coraopolis, PA. They mostly objected to the factory hood with the big scoop, but also the traction bars and headers, even though I had the factory original mufflers. I could not convince them that the hood was original. The Plymouth dealer was not aware of the 1969 Sixpack and I had no factory literature. I took it out of state and did not get pulled over for inspection for a year...then made it a race only car. Finally got it inspected in VA in 1983.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not sure where you live (no location in your profile). But there may be noise regulations and emissions testing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts