Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just created account on here so if i make any "newbie" mistakes then my apologies.

Anyways on to the meat and potatoes.... I have went ahead and gotten a mid muffler delete and its really livened up my 392 however this was only a temporary thing until i get a borla atak cat back. The question is, does the borla atak cat back make it quieter than the mid-muffler delete?

Thank you for the responses!
Pic for your time

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have and on some videos it seems quieter and some seem louder, but there aren't any videos that I could find directly correlating the 2
And it's important you compare to the exact year and engine also. My 2012 sounded completely different than my 2017. Same engine size.
I bought a complete Corsa Extreme exhaust and hated it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I finally recently after years of contemplating and watching videos decided to go with the heartthrob cat back, sounded pretty good in all the videos and was reasonably priced for a stainless system but right before I was going to pull the trigger I was on the jegs website and noticed they had a stainless system branded with their name that looked exactly like the heartthrob system for 500 bucks, so I called to ask who their supplier was but they couldn’t tell me. Anyhow I bought it and I’m pretty sure it’s the heartthrob cat back it sounds awesome, me and my friend put the car up on his lift and did the install in a couple hours it fit perfectly with no problems at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you are. I've already done a mid delete. Have a lot of interest in installing a borla atak. Also debating on putting on dynomax race bullets in the mean time where I did the mid delete.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you are. I've already done a mid delete. Have a lot of interest in installing a borla atak. Also debating on putting on dynomax race bullets in the mean time where I did the mid delete.
Go with the Dynamax Race bullets before you fork over the big bucks for the Borla and see what you think. You can make that addition at a pretty cheap cost. It will obviously not sound quite like the full cat back system, but I was impressed with the difference over stock and it will definitely sound better than the simple mid-muffler delete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts