54,846 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

Reactions: Johnny O'

·
Registered
2017 T/A Plus
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from the ROT. This is proof that patience is sometimes rewarded!! Much better car for you IMHO (T/A owner LOL). 8 or 6 speed?
Go here Official Mopar Site | Owner Vehicle Dashboard
and register with your VIN and pickup your car's maintenance history, your sticker, and your build sheet. I also manually add my oil changes if I do it myself.
It's an 8 speed. Thanks for the tips!

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger RT Plus Shaker
218 Posts
Welcome from S.E. Michigan.

Great looking T/A

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,214 Posts
Welcome from Northeast Illinois. Glad you joined!

·
Registered
51 Posts
As I'm still learning the vehicle, why do you run sport mode only? Does it just feel better to you, or is there some other advantage beyond performance?
Sport mode turns off MDS (cylinder deactivation) and opens up the Active Exhaust valves more for a more aggressive sound. It also sharpens the throttle response and changes the shift strategy. In my 6-Speed manual it turns if the 1-4 skip shift feature. Sport mode makes the car a bit livelier IMO.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
As I'm still learning the vehicle, why do you run sport mode only? Does it just feel better to you, or is there some other advantage beyond performance?
Massive change to how the car shifts. The shift points are extends and the car downshifts when slowing down like a manual does. VERY run. It also opens the active exhaust for a better sound and turns off MDS which sounds like crap, and IMO not good for the engine. Win, win, win. Sounds better. Runs better. You can also go into the UConnect settings and turn on and off Sport mode stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts