Dodge Challenger Forum banner

861 - 880 of 947 Posts

·
Trigger657
3,016 Posts
Coast Guards are my Hero's. We had a net in the wheel once as we where heading in because of a Hurricane Warning. They came out and towed us into Free Port Texas.
Other times they'd board us once in awhile and lined us up on the back deck holding Shoguns on us while searching the boat for drugs. Doing their jobs.
I still swear to this day, that we smelled Marijuana coming from the Coast Guard vessel towing us in that one day though.....:confused:

·
Premium Member
9,627 Posts
Coast Guards are my Hero's. We had a net in the wheel once as we where heading in because of a Hurricane Warning. They came out and towed us into Free Port Texas.
Other times they'd board us once in awhile and lined us up on the back deck holding Shoguns on us while searching the boat for drugs. Doing their jobs.
I still swear to this day, that we smelled Marijuana coming from the Coast Guard vessel towing us in that day one day though.....:confused:
A good friend of mine was a Coastie during Nam, he kills me with stories of the crap that went on. Every branch had and still has their purpose and the ribbing will never end between them all. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,627 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
A quick funny story...this was around late Dec. '73 when I was stationed at March AFB in Riverside, CA. When one day a big announcement was made for all radio operators to show up in the conference room the next day. Well, the next day about 15 of us grabbed some chairs and sat down to hear what this big announcement was all about. Apparently, SAC HQ at Offutt was looking for some radio operators and were reaching out to different bases. If you accepted to transfer there, it would have been an automatic promotion to the next higher grade plus you were issued a wonderful winter parka. I quickly looked out the window, it was sunny and about 72°. The current weather for Omaha was high of 18° and snow flurries. The First Sergeant looked around and waited for some hands...but some simply moved their chairs further back in the room or stared out the window. No disrespect toward Offutt but we enjoyed our sunshine...true story.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Hey... I don't blame you... I'm from Texas... I hate cold weather... ☺

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Also... One thing I learned in the service... Never volunteer for nothing... LoL..

·
Premium Member
9,627 Posts
Everyone take one step back and the guy not paying attention, ohh well! :cool:

·
Premium Member
22,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #875 ·
As a group of soldiers stood in formation at an Army Base, the Drill Sergeant said, "All right! All you idiots fall out." As the rest of the squad wandered away, one soldier remained at attention. The Drill Instructor walked over until he was eye to eye with him, and then raised a single eyebrow. The soldier smiled and said, "Sure was a lot of 'em, huh, sir?"

·
Premium Member
22,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #876 · (Edited)
Hey... I don't blame you... I'm from Texas... I hate cold weather... ☺
I've been in a lot of cold places to include the Austrian and Italian Alps but I have never been as cold as I was in Chun Chon South Korea in 1983 where I got frostbite and still suffer each winter in my fingertips. When I hear stories about the Marines in Korea at the "Frozen Chosen" I can relate.

You want to talk "hot weather" I can talk 115 TO 125 degrees humid or dry.

·
Premium Member
9,627 Posts
I've been in a lot of cold places to include the Austrian and Italian Alps but I have never been as cold as I was in Chun Chon South Korea in 1983 where I got frostbite and still suffer each winter in my fingertips. When I hear stories about the Marines in Korea at the "Frozen Chosen" I can relate.

View attachment 275766
The coldest place I was ever stationed, Duluth MN, was -35* (without the wind chill) one day and the alternator went out on my car, changed it in the parking lot, still have trouble with a few fingers!

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,120 Posts

You want to talk "hot weather" I can talk 115 TO 125 degrees humid or dry.

View attachment 275766
And then there is working on the deck of a ship in the North Atlantic...

861 - 880 of 947 Posts