Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 Scatpack and a few months after I brought it, I had the mini race bullets installed. I still love the sound but I'm ready for more volume. I was wondering if anyone has removed the bullets to replace it with straight pipe.

I know that it would be raspy but, personally, I don't mind if the rasp increases with the rpm. I also love all the pops and crackling - which I already get with the bullets in sport mode. The only thing I'm worried about is if I'll get enough of a volume increase to make it worth cutting into my exhaust a second time.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
I have a 17 Scatpack and a few months after I brought it, I had the mini race bullets installed. I still love the sound but I'm ready for more volume. I was wondering if anyone has removed the bullets to replace it with straight pipe.

I know that it would be raspy but, personally, I don't mind if the rasp increases with the rpm. I also love all the pops and crackling - which I already get with the bullets in sport mode. The only thing I'm worried about is if I'll get enough of a volume increase to make it worth cutting into my exhaust a second time.
Welcome to the ForumZ! :)

If you do not mind the rasp, go with the Flowmaster Outlaw Cat Back system, I heard a set on a Mustang the other day coming into a parking lot, best sounding Mustang I've ever heard, I asked the guy what he was running and that Outlaw setup will sound killer on your Challenger!

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

Hey-we have similar motors, I hope this helps...I just bought the vibrant race bullets..went to my guy whom I know for 20 yrs. and knows me..so I brought them to him to install last weekend. He said I should do a mid-muffler delete 1st, I agreed. Holy hell...do it.....you get the pops and crackles at cold start and lower rpms.
I love it.....

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I kept the Race Bullets and went long tubes and cat delete. I now have to cold start the car with my garage door down so as not to piss off the neighbors :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, once I can do a full exhaust it'll be either Flowmaster or Borla. And I have heard about people starting the car with the garage door closed - must be crazy loud!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey-we have similar motors, I hope this helps...I just bought the vibrant race bullets..went to my guy whom I know for 20 yrs. and knows me..so I brought them to him to install last weekend. He said I should do a mid-muffler delete 1st, I agreed. Holy hell...do it.....you get the pops and crackles at cold start and lower rpms.
I love it.....
Do you have the 2.75" exhaust? I'm wondering what size pipe I need. I've heard everything from 2.5 to 3".

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Do you have the 2.75" exhaust? I'm wondering what size pipe I need. I've heard everything from 2.5 to 3".
Hi- yes I’m petty sure after or from 2017 all 6.4’s come with 2.75 diameter.
If you choose to install the mini bullets the person doing the work will have to add a little piece of a smaller pipe to fill the gap. @FastMikeR1 -has the Hellcat and this is what he did and offered his knowledge with me....tell me how it goes....

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I kept the Race Bullets and went long tubes and cat delete. I now have to cold start the car with my garage door down so as not to piss off the neighbors :)
That’s what I’m talking about. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
All 2015's to present with the 392 have 2.75" size exhaust.
Yep..that’s why I love this forum.. so I stand corrected. Let’s see if I got this right..
In 2017 the 2.75 sized exhaust became a standard dual exhaust
on the Challengers and Chargers with the hemi V8.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Yep..that’s why I love this forum.. so I stand corrected. Let’s see if I got this right..
In 2017 the 2.75 sized exhaust became a standard dual exhaust
on the Challengers and Chargers with the hemi V8.
Yep. I've got the 2.75" Active Exhaust on my 2017 5.7 and it sounds awesome. No need to upgrade altho the mid-muffler delete interests me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts