Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 1 yr free sirrus went away can I assume they will contact me by mail with an amazing deal also on a 13 rt ive looked in both door jambs for a data plate not there I would like to find the build date

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,990 Posts
Sirius will call/mail ad nauseum until you renew. The best I've seen is 25 for 6 mos. But want a CC so they can renew at the rack rate when that expires...build date should be on the driver's door...

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
I can answer your first question. I started receiving bills from Sirius two months ago, as my one year of free satellite was expiring. I just ignored them. Finally last week they called me. Offered me six months of service for $33.68. (That includes tax). When I told them I didn't want to use my credit card, they said ok, but added another $2.00. Just be patient, they will contact you! Did you give out your credit card info to them??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can answer your first question. I started receiving bills from Sirius two months ago, as my one year of free satellite was expiring. I just ignored them. Finally last week they called me. Offered me six months of service for $33.68. (That includes tax). When I told them I didn't want to use my credit card, they said ok, but added another $2.00. Just be patient, they will contact you! Did you give out your credit card info to them??
no credit card info given. think maybe if I pay with paypal I can fix it where they cant bill when the 6 m0 expires

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
no credit card info given. think maybe if I pay with paypal I can fix it where they cant bill when the 6 m0 expires
Good idea. When I got my car last year, they wasted no time in calling me and asking for my credit card info. I just said no. I don't like the idea of them having that freedom to just charge me that outrageous $15.00 mo. for satellite radio. I am only driving my car 2/3 times per week. I don't actually listen to satellite very much. I love '60's rock, but I HATE cousin brucie!!
An ipod is so much better. Tons of music at your fingertips, you choose your playlists, etc. With the HD, ipod & CD player, who needs satellite???

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
I love my satellite, especially in the Challenger...the radio in there is awesome with the favorite artists/songs etc. I use it almost 100% of the time I am in there.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
I love my satellite, especially in the Challenger...the radio in there is awesome with the favorite artists/songs etc. I use it almost 100% of the time I am in there.
I confess that I should try to use it with the favorite artists/songs. Maybe I will have to do that since I did renew at the lower rate! Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I had to laugh when I just read your "cousin Brucie" comment Betty. I remembered our discussion about that annoying guy from last time...haha.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I am planning on getting it for $25 for 6months and by that time I'll be back in my truck.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Really? Sirius? :smiledown:

I get better options using Pandora or iTunes Radio. Not to mention when I drive under a tree it looses reception. I wouldn't use Sirius if they gave it to me free.

If you listen to it long enough it repeats. I could listen to it on the way to work, 10 miles, then listen to the same songs again on the way home. I was about to rip my hair out (what is left) when the new Avenged Sevenfold album came out. Sirius played that shxx night and day.

They will call you alright. I eventually blocked their number.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I drive a lot because of my job. A lot of the places I go are in the boon docks in the middle of nowhere. That translates into no radio coverage, and you can listen to music for so long. 4 of my 5 vehicles have satellite radio and they call wanting to offer a deal and when it gets to a decent price I say yes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good idea. When I got my car last year, they wasted no time in calling me and asking for my credit card info. I just said no. I don't like the idea of them having that freedom to just charge me that outrageous $15.00 mo. for satellite radio. I am only driving my car 2/3 times per week. I don't actually listen to satellite very much. I love '60's rock, but I HATE cousin brucie!!
An ipod is so much better. Tons of music at your fingertips, you choose your playlists, etc. With the HD, ipod & CD player, who needs satellite???
I cannot stand the way the SAT radio sounds in comparison to the HD. Sounds kinda tinny compared to the HD. Add cousin brucie and all the other self-important talking heads chiming in with all their blather between and OVER the beginning of some songs and the SAT radio isn't even a choice when cruisin'!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think I listened to my SAT radio for about a week after I got my car. I was going to get a satellite add-on for my Kenwood, but decided I don't need SAT radio at all. I either stream Pandora or listen to exactly what I want from my iPod or local HD radio. I can also stream my MLB subscription from my phone, so I'm good.

I can see a use for SAT radio for travel, but just not for me.

·
Banned
149 Posts
When I purchased mine last May, They tried telling me I had to pay for my free year of Nav, Travel Link and Navigation... Went to the dealer a week later and got the Sat radio turned on, but it took over 2 months to finally get the Nav, and Travel Link activated. It seems where my car was a leftover, the dealership had to do something and according to Sirius It was not a new car anymore, but it was never registered or titled. What they wound up doing was giving me the Nav and Travel link for free, but said if I do not want to make sure I cancel by the end of a year. Already canceled and do not plan to reactivate or utilize the service.

Over the past 2 years I have owned 2 Chargers and 2 Challengers (none were crashed repoed or otherwise damaged, guess I was not satisfied) and let me tell you, they have no problem calling, and calling, and sending mail week after week after week.... it is very ridiculous the amount of JUNK they send. What usually shuts most of them up is when I say I traded the vehicle in and Sirius is not offered on my current radio. There are the super zealous types who then try to get you to buy a home system. That is when I say thanks and wish them well and hang up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
my 1 yr free sirrus went away can I assume they will contact me by mail with an amazing deal also on a 13 rt ive looked in both door jambs for a data plate not there I would like to find the build date
The build date will be on the door sticker. Look for a line that starts with MDH. That stands for month day and hour . For example mine is 020922 (first six numbers). That means it was built in Feb 9th at 22 hundred hours or at 10:00 pm. Of course your year would be 2013 though thats not on there.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have to admit, I like to listen to new hard rock and Pandora and Slacker Radio just didn't give me that right. I ended up paying for Sirius just to listen to Octane! My wife loves the 80s and 90s stations too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The build date will be on the door sticker. Look for a line that starts with MDH. That stands for month day and hour . For example mine is 020922 (first six numbers). That means it was built in Feb 9th at 22 hundred hours or at 10:00 pm. Of course your year would be 2013 though thats not on there.
thanks found it aug 29 9 pm so I bought new 3/ 1/ 13 which probably means im bout the only one who loves a white no stripe no option 6 speed rt bought for Toyota corolla money

1 - 20 of 30 Posts