Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately today I had to miss the big car show in Alliance, NE. I drove down to Sterling, CO for a funeral. My best high school friend's Mom passed away. My girlfriend was a special cruizin' buddy and her Mom certainly put up with our high school pranks!!
I did get to pass by the show on the way down, and their big city park was full of beautiful cars. On the way home, the show was over and I did get to snap a few photos in town with a couple of great cars. Hope you like the photos.
I made it home safely, only one stop for speeding!! Gosh I am an idiot. The same highway, the same place last year!! Only doing 66 in a 60 so I got a warning. This SP officer looked like he was 18! Once he saw me, I think he decided the old lady wasn't up to much, only got a warning!
Here are those pics:

Attachments

Reactions: climberccm

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom, Betty. You're a good friend to make that trip to support her. Condolences to your friend and her family.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,456 Posts
Boy, Betty, you sure had that SP Officer fooled! We all know you have a lead foot! Condolences on your friend's mother.

That sure is a nice looking Challenger with that clean Road Runner!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe it was fitting that I got stopped yesterday for speeding. My girlfriend from high school was the one I mentioned in my MOTM story. She also had that "lead foot" in high school with her big Pontiac Starchief. Her Mom certainly was a great lady and will be missed very much.

·
12,989 Posts
Nice pictures Betty, im sure that situation with your friends mom must have upset you, condolenses to you and your friend.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Wow Betty....lots of emotions in one trip!! So sad about your friends Mom....good thing she had you there for support! But you also seemed to get a little decent Mopar time in, aside from the little Police Officer thing.....and the pictures are the icing on the cake!:smileup:

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Susie,
Hey the State Patrol officer thing wasn't much of a big thing. I know that stretch of highway is always patrolled. I just spaced it off and pushed the speed limit a little. I now have two warnings for the same spot, so you would think I could remember next time around!! He was such a nice officer. So young, I couldn't believe it. A fine example of a young man doing his job! (Catching a silly old gal!)

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Susie,
Hey the State Patrol officer thing wasn't much of a big thing. I know that stretch of highway is always patrolled. I just spaced it off and pushed the speed limit a little. I now have two warnings for the same spot, so you would think I could remember next time around!! He was such a nice officer. So young, I couldn't believe it. A fine example of a young man doing his job! (Catching a silly old gal!)
Seems like you and that Jazz Blue Baby of yours are very well known on that stretch of road!! I'm sure the Officer understood.....it's got a Hemi!!

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friends Mom. Those are some nice pictures you got, I particularly like the shot of the Challenger and the Road Runner, not that I'm biased towards Mopars LOL.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My condolences to you and your friend's family, Betty. Very nice of you to show your support by being there!

Always enjoy when you share some pics! And I'm sure that Officer just wanted to inspect that sweet ride of yours a little closer. Better be careful though, you said this was the second time.... they always say third time is a charm! Might not be so lucky again! :gy:

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! Dave, like they say "you can't fix stupid". If I do it a third time I probably deserve the ticket!! Thanks for your kind words.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
My Condolences MommaBetty! Greeks say "Life To Us". Life goes on and by living you are able to remember those who have gone before.
As far as the SP; 6 over, Really?! He knows you and just had to take another look at that Fine Jazz Blue and the remarkable Lass driving it!
Great Pics and next year will let you take Many More! Enjoy the Journey! Lou.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,558 Posts
Well you had quite a day, my condolences and thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Betty, sorry to hear about your best friends mom, my condolences. Good that you were able to visit and get home safe with only a warning, LOL! Nice pictures of your car the Buick and Road Runner!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts