Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting to do this for awhile but just now got around it. Had tinted taillights but felt they were too dark. I'm also going with a black and red theme so it seemed logical to bring some red back in with the tail lights. With the center blacked out it somewhat looks like the Charger tail light ring

Routed this panel out to fit in the flat spot in the tails from .125 aluminum. Considered painting them, and I may down the road when I repaint my SRT but for now just wrapped them in carbon fiber. The routed text lights up when it's in reverse.

What do you think?

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
Looks great! Looks factory! :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
That is super sharp!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
That came out great nicely done.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Real nice! Never seen that before!!!:smileup:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Very cool mod. The creativity of some of the people on here amazes me.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I'm curious, and please don't take this has being critical since I really like the way it looks, how much of an advantage is it to apply the wrap to the metal and then add that to the tail lights rather than applying wrap to the tail lights?

Why I'm asking is I have 1080 3m matte black wrap left over from when my hood was wrapped and was contemplating wrapping the lights in the center channel with it at some point. If wrap was applied to directly to the taillights would it be thick enough to block out the lights etc?

Take it easy
Jay

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,558 Posts
Clever idea, looks very well done.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,456 Posts
That is very slick! :rep:

·
Registered
193 Posts
That's really bad ass! How hard was it to make? Would love this with R/T in the center!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm curious, and please don't take this has being critical since I really like the way it looks, how much of an advantage is it to apply the wrap to the metal and then add that to the tail lights rather than applying wrap to the tail lights?

Why I'm asking is I have 1080 3m matte black wrap left over from when my hood was wrapped and was contemplating wrapping the lights in the center channel with it at some point. If wrap was applied to directly to the taillights would it be thick enough to block out the lights etc?

Take it easy
Jay
I believe the 1080 would block the light and you certainly could do it that way, I just liked the extra thickness that was added by using the aluminum. Aluminum isn't really necessary either, it's just what we had on the router at the moment. it could just as easily be made from acrylic and would work fine, might be better. Doesn't hurt to try the vinyl though and see if it'll block it out. If it doesn't you could always lay down reg. black vinyl first and then the carbon on top

That's really bad ass! How hard was it to make? Would love this with R/T in the center!
not to hard once I made the file and got it to line up right, I work in the sign business so just used our CAD router to cut out the pieces. now that it's set up I could make the text say anything

1 - 20 of 52 Posts