Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my resonators two years ago, all of a sudden my dealer won't give me an inspection sticker. I guess its illegal in NH to remove these from your car. I want to put a cat back system in but I am having trouble getting the correct answer. are these legal in NH? The dealers keeps saying as long as I don't weld to the converters I'll be ok. Can anyone help me out with this. I need a sticker and I want to use this as an advantage to finally put my exhaust system in. I want sound and performance. Any help here would be most appreciated. I am going to have Lou's Custom Mufflers do the work.:smiledown:
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
627 Posts
Corsa exhaust systems seem to be one of the more popular ones on these forums from what I've seen. Knowing that I went to their website and don't see any information regarding legality (most companies will provide this info on their product page). Most disclaimers state California as the state where modifications may not be legal. Unless you can get any more information from the forum or NH DMV than I see no reason why any reputable cat-back exhaust system would be illegal.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Can you not go to a gas station for inspections up there? It may be 50 bucks but you can keep your car the way it is most likely.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Put me down for one of the "That dealer doesn't know his @$$ from a hole in the ground" responces. The system must have the stock cats with no leaks to the end of the the exhaust system exiting the rear of the car. If you have a leak anywhere...or your system terminates before exiting the rear of the car...they can refuse your sticker.:shakehead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this thread. Something came up. Anyway to continue, I ended up putting in a couple of flow master mufflers. It sounds great looks great and I don't have to worry about getting a sticker. I did call the State about the difference of a resonator vs muffler. No one knew the answer. The State law says muffler not resonator. If a resonator is a muffler why call it a resonator. The debate continues.
Those days of pulling into any gas station to get a sticker with blinders on is over as far as I can see where I live. Everyone is afraid of big brother.

·
801 RWHP
8,517 Posts
Not for nothing, but if you're taking your car Lou's Custom Muffler......so he deals with exhaust as his primary, he should know the laws concerning his state, especially. Unless he is not located in NH. Just my thought. Kind of like a builder should know the codes in his state. Or I would probably be a little leery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts