Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Have you modified your exhaust from stock?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Thinking about it.

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
Magnaflow Titanium Ceramic coated shortie headers, Magnaflow hi flo mid pipes, BORLA ATAK... nuff said

·
Registered
883 Posts
I always modify exhaust. All the way back to my first car 30 years ago. Usually within the first week. Replaced mid mufflers with mini race bullets on my current car. Last Challenger was a 2011 R/T 6 speed, did reso-delete. The only cars I don't touch are the wife's. Although Grand Caravan Hellcat sounds like an interesting project...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always modify exhaust. All the way back to my first car 30 years ago. Usually within the first week. Replaced mid mufflers with mini race bullets on my current car. Last Challenger was a 2011 R/T 6 speed, did reso-delete. The only cars I don't touch are the wife's. Although Grand Caravan Hellcat sounds like an interesting project...
Thinking of doing the mini race bullets as well...

·
Premium Member
2,882 Posts
Put a Magna Flow cat back on in July during carlisle. Was going to do mini billets but the show price for the Magna Flow convinced me.

On my 2013 RTC I installed a Solo Brand Cat Back

My Monte Carlo has 3” dual flow masters and Hooker Super Comp Headers.

The daily drivers have stock exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haven't had a chance to roll through all the threads, but thought this might be a good place to ask. Has anyone installed the electronic cut outs? How did work for you and how killer did it sound? I just picked up this ride and love it as is stock and thought it would be cool to leave that alone but add the cut outs for those special moments :)

·
Mr. Bill
2,512 Posts
Haven't had a chance to roll through all the threads, but thought this might be a good place to ask. Has anyone installed the electronic cut outs? How did work for you and how killer did it sound? I just picked up this ride and love it as is stock and thought it would be cool to leave that alone but add the cut outs for those special moments :)
Thought about doing the same. After reading product reviews on all kinds of different manufactures and all different configurations for cut outs, one common result. They all fail in a short amount of time.
IMO Another case of........ you get what you pay for. Higher dollar cut outs lasted longer.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i found a set of glass packs in my garage is was going to use on my old sxt went another route. how would they work and sound with a mid muffler swap on my rt plus shaker

·
Registered
406 Posts
17 and up have the cut outs /active exhaust.

The Challenger is now back to stock .
The Charger the day after I bought it got Magnaflows and the resos came off.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
IMO, the early model Challenger R/T was too quiet. Here you had a muscle car that sounded like a Honda.
Corsa Extreme took care of that with no drone. Now the car sounds the way it looks.

Edit : The OEM exhausts on the newer model Challengers sound much better.

·
Registered
499 Posts
IMO, the early model Challenger R/T was too quiet. Here you had a muscle car that sounded like a Honda.
Corsa Extreme took care of that with no drone. Now the car sounds the way it looks.

Edit : The OEM exhausts on the newer model Challengers sound much better.
my 16 had some sort of fizzing sound to it that i just couldn't stand

1 - 19 of 19 Posts