Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking for some input. Any and all input will be appreciated, and not denounced. I recently found out my “16” 392 B5 Blue SPS is one of twenty two produced. I have added nos rock guards (removable) and rear widow louvers (removable) and I want to add Mopar hood pins. What I’m asking a opinion about is, do you think I would hurt the originality of the car by adding the hood pins? Would it decrease the value as it was not dealer installed? I understand its mine and I should do as I wish to make it “mine” but looking for input. I also understand that at this time 1 of 22 may not be a big deal, but down the road it may be. My Baby is not going anywhere any time soon, but just asking. Any and all input would be appreciated . Thank You to all in advance!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I doubt the hood pins will decrease the value, there are way too many challengers made to make any specific year or color highly sought out. Demons yes, hellcats possible, scats,RTs,SXTs,GTs doubtful. You can currently pick up a 1969 Yenko chevelle for less than a new hellcat "and there are only 22 left in existance" I say put the hood pins in.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Your "1 of 22" only means there were that many made in that year with those EXACT options. Something as simple having or not having a particular option or accessory, no matter how minor that option, makes that count. An example...a Blacktop Package car that came without the stripes changes how many were made that way. Those numbers have nothing to do with rarity or any increased value. Make the car yours, however you like it. My '16 is 1 of 5, but it's probably because of the stripe delete and mine has a sunroof. The 1 in 5 means nothing regarding value.

·
Trigger657
903 Posts
Your "1 of 22" only means there were that many made in that year with those EXACT options. Something as simple having or not having a particular option or accessory, no matter how minor that option, makes that count. An example...a Blacktop Package car that came without the stripes changes how many were made that way. Those numbers have nothing to do with rarity or any increased value. Make the car yours, however you like it. My '16 is 1 of 5, but it's probably because of the stripe delete and mine has a sunroof. The 1 in 5 means nothing regarding value.
Agreeing... (y)

·
Premium Member
5,174 Posts
Mine is 1 of 1, but I do not see it as important. In my case it means no sunroof and no auto wiper/auto cruise. Do what makes you happy and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hey all, looking for some input. Any and all input will be appreciated, and not denounced. I recently found out my “16” 392 B5 Blue SPS is one of twenty two produced. I have added nos rock guards (removable) and rear widow louvers (removable) and I want to add Mopar hood pins. What I’m asking a opinion about is, do you think I would hurt the originality of the car by adding the hood pins? Would it decrease the value as it was not dealer installed? I understand its mine and I should do as I wish to make it “mine” but looking for input. I also understand that at this time 1 of 22 may not be a big deal, but down the road it may be. My Baby is not going anywhere any time soon, but just asking. Any and all input would be appreciated . Thank You to all in advance!
Mine is one of two and I plan to keep it 99% stock..got aftermarket air filter and cabin filter.IMO in 20 years if your car is stock it could make a difference in what you have done to the car.To the person that's looking for a pure stock Challenger they will have a hard time finding one.After seeing most of the posts here 90% are modded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts