Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just got my car back from the small accident I had, and I wanted to change some things I want to change the exhaust tips and sound of my exhaust, I want a quad setup with 3' and 1/2 inch round tips something like this, does anyone have any recommendations on which exhaust tips to use also must be a coned type inner tip, like this http://www.yonaka.com/Yonaka_Stainless_Steel_3_5_Dual_Exhaust_Tip_p/ymet001.htm
also I want to make my exhaust slightly more aggressive sounding without spending a bundle, what does everyone suggest ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
been doing some more research today at work I have a 3.6L, so im gonna want to add an x pipe off of the manifold pipes, suggestions?, add super 44 mufflers going from 2 1/4 to 2 1/2, custom mandral bent pipe, not sure if I should keep the resonators or not than the exhaust tips I posted before

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I deleted the resonators the other day and got my exhaust tips installed they look amazing... the sound not so much, it sounds like a pissed off honda which I kinda figured, but now what to do? at the end of first gear it lets out this aweful brap sound, im thinking I either want to add some high flow resonators, to what I have now or do super 44's straight out, or super 44's to some high flow resonators to get rid of this brappy honda sound please point me in the right direction

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine is in the shop today having the resonators removed. I've been listening to different videos and doing my research, & it sounds better than the video I took of my V6 Mustang with a Flowmaster AT exhaust. This can't sound any worse than that!

Besides, you have to remember, it's a V6. You're never gonna have the sound of a V8 because it's not one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oul6wvCBbug

A guy in our Mopar club with a SXT Charger just put in Dynamax VT mufflers with Cherry Bomb glasspacks. Now, he did say that he doesn't feel the glasspacks are adding to the sound and recommends just doing a reso delete. So after doing some research I'm going with the mufflers and reso delete on my SXT. The you tube video above shows his car and he did say that there is NO drown. Hope this helps someone else too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts