Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I decided to install all my mods at once to see if I could tell a diff. in the car and wow can you. here is a list that I did .. airaid cai, catch can , 180* tstat ,(all of this may have took 30-45min) jba shorty headers(omg what a task)8.5hr the driver side was a breeze but the passenger was hell I spent more time trying to get the top bolts tightened than anything .. then plugged in the t1000 and put the 93 tune and wow!!! the car was alive couldn't hook up for anything but with the 17x10 should fix that all in all im very happy with all the mods well worth the money imo ...ill post on here after I go through a tank of gas to see how the mpg is doing for those that care .. and also the headers sisnt make any real diff. in the loudness off the car so looks like catless mids are going to be next .....thanks for all the help on here it really helped me in making my choices

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
That's a lot of work done for one sitting, reps for getting it all done though! :rep:

So night and day difference huh?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,984 Posts
That was a lot of work good job.

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Congratulations! Now it's Miller Time!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Reps for tackling the header install!!! Sure hope you used OEM gaskets on them. Props for the 180 T-stat and Catch can too!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx guys and yeah it was but i wanted it all at once and not a little at a time like i did on my express and as to the miller time ...haha yes sir it was coors time after the first 30min.. Hope to hit the track next sunday .. Also after driving about a 100 miles today i can tell there is a little more flow to tge exhaust it doesnt drone as bad at 73mph its about gone ...next is catless

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
Sweet... but what is stage 2? :) LOL

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Good job on those mods!! Now go get your exhaust to really make that beast come alive!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good job on those mods!! Now go get your exhaust to really make that beast come alive!
well I have the exhaust for the most part I have mf where the reso were but im really thinking about no cats .. seen a lot of post about having to change the hiflows a lot and don't wanna deal with that .. and my stage 2 ... lol well im kinda stuck cant make up my mind if I want to do the zex set up or coilovers .. ... also I have just got in a set of 17x10 cobra rims with mtdr so I shouldn't have an issue at the track .. we shall see this sunday

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
well I have the exhaust for the most part I have mf where the reso were but im really thinking about no cats .. seen a lot of post about having to change the hiflows a lot and don't wanna deal with that .. and my stage 2 ... lol well im kinda stuck cant make up my mind if I want to do the zex set up or coilovers .. ... also I have just got in a set of 17x10 cobra rims with mtdr so I shouldn't have an issue at the track .. we shall see this sunday
Cool....keep us posted!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Nice job! A huge effort and I hope everything works out without any problems.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well got a little update on the mods .. I have been running the 91 tune on her but running 93oct. and still getting avg of 23.4mpg lowest was 21mpg around 60mph im still looking at 24-25.6mpg so I cant complain and wow the diff it makes in the pulling im about to order the jba catless mids and ill post back when I get it on ..

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Good job man! I've heard the headers are a real PITA. Let us know how you do at the track!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well guys still not made it to the track the days its nice I work the days im off its raining just my luck .. well I just added to my list of mods I added jba catless mids and love the sound and the throttle response the butt dyno sure went up a little .. also the header bolts are still tight and no leaks so far .. im very happy with it all ..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.