Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a current thread about automotive terms that people hate that gave me the idea to start one about mods you can't stand or find humorous. Mods from the past (like curb feelers) or present (like fake port holes) are fair game. Have fun with it, Here are a few of mine.

1980's
1) double decker wiper blades
2) those blades in crazy colors
3) little spoilers for those wiper blades to "reduce lift" due to the incredible power of cars from that era (usually found on v-6 firebirds)
4)car bras

1990's
1) massive speaker boxes that would shake the whole car and those around you (I have to admit having had one too at the time)
2) head light and tail light covers (guilty again, but at least I never put those stupid wipers on that car)
3) windows tinted so dark you could barely see out (ok, ok, I did that too but they contributed to a funny story of someone trying to break into my car while I was actually in it with my girlfriend:sexe:)
4) neon lights under the car
5) the miata

2000's

1) spinner wheels
2) giant performance killing wheels "dubs". extra unsprung rotating mass...great idea, they should use that in formula 1!
3) almost everything routinely done to a car on the show "pimp my ride"
4) coffee can mufflers on "slammed" rice burners which are usually guilty of having a giant rear wing angled to create lift, but that doesn't matter because the stock 100hp or less engine they have will not create a need for any additional downforce.
5) the prius

2010's
1) lamborghini door on anything but a lamborghini
2) wraps
3) smart for two (dumb for all)

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Ohhh you went there :)

Well got to say it PLASTIDIPPING anything (Sorry know many do it but )
Ricer Fart Cans
Cowl hoods on anything but a Chevy.
Wagon wheels on any car.
Stick On hood scoops
Undercarriage Neon lights / Scanner lights

Oh and If you say you Chipped anything newer than '94

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Halos, either OEM or aftermarket.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
LOL,
saw This question asked on a Facebook group So I would consider this a NO NO.
I say If you cant do something right Dont.
Enjoy!Has anyone drilled holes in their resonators on the RT Hemi .. Im planning on removing them and running straight pipes but while I was doing research i found some people had drilled small holes in their resonators to make the exhaust louder . Wondering what you guys thought.. i have a Corsa Xtreme cat back exhaust system . . i dont think ill ever put the resonators back on so i might try it just out of curiosity .. Let me know what you think ..

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
well this could be a very interesting thread, so I would like to preface my list by saying to each their own, this is just my view/tastes.

I don't like anything bigger than 20" rims on any car
I don't like those bull [email protected]$ that truck owners hang from there trucks, I've even seen them on a car !
I don't like those spinner rims
I don't like those fart can ricers
I don't like those giant , elaborate, expense stereo systems in a car ( usually ricers) and the garbage that comes out of them. ( this could just be an age thing with me)
I don't like those doubled bladed wipers , and even worse when they came out in wild colors.

There is more if I think about it, these are just off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Oh boy. This thread is going to offend about half the users, then the other thread should set off the other half that regularly use the term "Chally". Before you know, there is only going to be a few of us un-offendables left. There aren't too many of us with thick skin left these days so this is going to get interesting... LOL

By the way, this list is off to good start!

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
Funny. I like neon lights under the car. Otherwise I agree with everything else....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm a too each their own type of guy.

But my list

Stick on hood scoops
Upbadgers
Fart cannons
Ridiculous cambers these imports are putting on now.
Any sized rims that require fender cutting.
Too many stripes. Makes the car look too busy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
we all half to remember no one is slaming anyone hear this is just the opinions of what we dont like everyone has their own personality of what they want to do with their cars i will be reading this post for awhile and will be lmao theirs great stuff already

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
CAR EYELASHES

Holy crap everybody. Dumbest thing I've ever seen. :smiledown:
Oh hellz yeah! Even if it's a high school girl defacing a VW Bug, it's still just fundamentally WRONG!

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Now while not all But Theme cars Every Camaro wants to be Bumblebee, Seen a Charger Batmobile , ect Now on Batmobile really do you still wear Batman Underroos too ?

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
we all half to remember no one is slaming anyone hear this is just the opinions of what we dont like everyone has their own personality of what they want to do with their cars i will be reading this post for awhile and will be lmao theirs great stuff already
Yep and educating Since many here attend cruise in/ shows that are judged by car People just a reminder that not all may look at the same thing the same , thats just being human not the all mighty Hater that everyone like to use.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
I'm not really crazy about the excessive stripes everywhere, stickers and just plain busy stuff that ruins the beauty of the car.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts