Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014 challenger both my door sills keep moister on them. I took off my mopar door sill guards thinking that may cause it. I normally rinse my car off every morning and late in the evening it still has moister on the sill and lower door. I do not always drive it daily and it stays parked outside. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their car?

·
Premium Member
18,439 Posts
Every time I wash and rinse the car there's always drops of water on both the sides and bottom of the door sill. I wipe them when drying and am good to go. I think that's pretty normal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Mine is more than a few drop's, it's like you misted water on the sill. The door sill guard I took off would have condensation on over half of it and under the door seal itself stay's wet. I guess I can stop rinsing it off daily and see if it dries out.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,565 Posts
The doors hold water for a while. Even if you wipe them off chances are when you open them there will be some condensation back on them.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
During pollen season in the South my door sills get gross. :shakehead:

So yes, there is an issue. But! All ya gotta do is clean 'em up :smileup:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I don't think your door should leak water from washing with a hose or rain. Mine doesn't collect any drops.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen the area taped off in the first photo covered with condensation. The area taped off in the second photo is normally what's wet. Now keep in mind I'll rinse the car off at 7:00 am and at 5:00 pm it's still wet there and I normally do not open the door's after I rinse the car off. The next morning I'll rinse it off again so it never dries out. I don't think it should hold are get moister there because it is actually on and above where the rubber door seal contact's the door sill. My guess is somehow it's getting and holding water in the rubber door seal and causing the moister on the door sill.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Never had that problem on my '12 SXT whether from washing, hosing down or rain. Also, not to be a pain in the butt, and allow me to apologize if taken the wrong way but the word you are looking for is moisture, not moister. Sorry, I am cursed with being a spelling freak. Same with the use of the word loose for lose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never had that problem on my '12 SXT whether from washing, hosing down or rain. Also, not to be a pain in the butt, and allow me to apologize if taken the wrong way but the word you are looking for is moisture, not moister. Sorry, I am cursed with being a spelling freak. Same with the use of the word loose for lose.
Thanks for the comment about your car and the spelling lesson. I'm sorry to hear about your spelling freak curse, maybe it will get better over time. :smileup:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
My experience has been after I wash my Challenger the bottom door seals hold a ton of water so before I start drying the car off I open the doors which allows most of the water to drip off before I wipe them off with a dry rag/towel.

·
Premium Member
21,619 Posts
My experience has been after I wash my Challenger the bottom door seals hold a ton of water so before I start drying the car off I open the doors which allows most of the water to drip off before I wipe them off with a dry rag/towel.

Also besides that I wax and wipe it off the area after it's dry for added protection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts