Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking at and reading about the Mopar 14 limited edition cars (100) and noticing that they are numbered 001/100 on their dash badge whereas the Shaker are numbered but not of a certain number of cars ie: 0250 most articles and publications speak to a number of 2000 for the Shaker cars for 2014. However, while at Daytona Dodge this past weekend (a ultra high volume, performance type Dodge dealer) they did mention that this is NOT a hard number and in fact is likely to continue into another "special run" of Shaker cars and may include additional colors. Supposedly that is why they did not close the door so to speak and number these cars "0250/2000".

Has anyone else heard such rumors? In addition, the word at this dealership is that the Shaker will be a regular order vehicle for model year 2015. All I know is if either is true and Sublime is offered in either year, there will be one in our driveway!

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1087769_mopar-14-challenger-sells-out-in-24-hours

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wanted the shaker model in the sublime green but was told it was discontinued after the 2013's so my second choice was the plum crazy. My dash just says #077 as I recall. Guess I will have to go look at it again. My paperwork says 1000 will be made for 2014. It would not surprise me if they continue the shakers for 2015 models. It does not "shake" like my Trans Ams do though. But it sure looks good and gets all the stares!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are building 2000 but that may end up even more according to some articles. I guess that's the reason they didn't number them based out of a specific number built as are the Mopar 14 cars as they also have other limited/special edition series in the past...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts