Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chelly Owners,

I Installed the MOPAR CATBACK Exhaust replacing the stock ones, the sound now is so good yet I have an issue when closing the windows on high RPM, there is a resonating vibrating sound inside the car on the driver side.
I went to the service centre and they tried to adjust the CATBACK and tighten the tubes, the sound decreased but it still exists.

Only happens when windows are closed (possibly when windows are open the vibration just vanishes as the seating area is not closed) and high RPM

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually the " zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" sound in the dashboard, you know the sound when you have something slightly loose or some coins in your car glovebox, it's a bit hard to explain :) now it is both ways when windows closed and windows open.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's actually the " zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" sound in the dashboard, you know the sound when you have something slightly loose or some coins in your car glovebox, it's a bit hard to explain :) now it is both ways when windows closed and windows open.
I gotcha, Sounds like the frequency is causing the vibration. Have you tried addressing the area that it originates from? I understand it was not present before the exhaust but there may be a quick fix to quiet it up.

-Benny

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How will I know from where is it originates? the service guys are unable to fix it after several times going back and forth with them! very annoying :-|

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am sorry I did not explain that well , I meant where the vibration originates from. Are you able to place some pressure with your hand on an area of the dashboard to make it stop? You will most likely need the assistance of a passenger to do this safely. Perhaps you can take a technician for a ride so you can duplicate the issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, I was thinking to do the same but what if it IS coming from the dash board, what will be the solution?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts