Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered one of these from a Chrysler dealer and attempted the installation. I did encounter some things and will post here for others.

Issue #1. Instructions that come with it are wrong for the removal of the knob on the 2010 R/T. The instructions that come with it refer to popping down the chrome ring and then removing a retaining clip. On the 2010 R/T there is no such clip. It's basically just white plastic in kind of a split configuration. A little light pry and pull and it comes off easy.

Issue #2. Poor quality control - the shifter handle has a rectangular piece of metal welded into the middle. That rectangular piece is meant to fit snug on the rectangular top of your shifter lever. I tried to put it on, and even followed the instructions that say to protect the top and tap with a mallet. No go... not pounding nails here. I stopped and looked and noticed that the rectangular piece in the shifter handle was misshapen and poorly welded. In addition to being mishaped, there was debris from the weld inside the thing. I posted a pic, the bad one is one the left. Looking at a good one (right) you can see how much better the workmanship was on that one.

The dealer is replacing for no charge, so no issues with them. I spoke to them and this isn't the first one they have seen with this problem.

Attachments

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Thanks for posting your experience. I'm getting ready to install my pistol grip shifter in the next few days and at least I know what to look for if I encounter problems

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,017 Posts
Sorry you had a problem with yours. Mine was in perfect condition, and installed as you stated. Glad you got it straightened out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts