Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing a search for decent source for a pedal cover kit for my 2014 SXT.

The official ones listed for most 2011-14 vehicles are part # 82211154AB, which usually retail between 75.00-90.00 USD. However, I have come across a few ebay and amazon sellers offering part # 5181565AA (marketed for Chrysler 300s) as an alternative for between 40.00-50.00 USD depending on the seller. Most sellers normally list them as being compatible with 2008-2013 300s, Chargers, and Challengers. I know Chrysler does not like to change out interior parts and components often ( most of vehicles probably still have trim, electrical, and connecting parts that have been on Chrysler vehicles since the early 2000s). But I wonder if I can use 5181565AA on my 2014? Especially since there was a slight shift in the design of Challengers starting in 2011 and then a major one in 2015.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,859 Posts
The 82211154AB pedals have a triangular pad on one of the edges of the pedal. The 5181565AA only have the raised rubber dots. The good thing about the 5181565AA is they match exactly the available ebrake pedal pad available from Mercedes(for around $20). http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/203-430-00-84.htm This is one ofthe first mods I did to my R/T.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the 5181565AA will fit your '14.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,859 Posts
Oh, BTW, they are a bear to put on. Liberal amounts of WD40 help. Make sure you cover your carpet.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,100 Posts
As previously mentioned, the 82211154AB bright pedals have the triangular toe/grip pad. And yes, a mirror and a small light go a very long way to fitting on the brake pedal.

Make sure to soak the new brake pedal in boiling water for 5 minutes to make the rubber backing pliable. If your wife keeps a swear jar at your house, have her put it next to you. You should be able to fill it up with enough money on your first attempt at installing the brake pedal to pay for a weekend getaway.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As previously mentioned, the 82211154AB bright pedals have the triangular toe/grip pad. And yes, a mirror and a small light go a very long way to fitting on the brake pedal.

Make sure to soak the new brake pedal in boiling water for 5 minutes to make the rubber backing pliable. If your wife keeps a swear jar at your house, have her put it next to you. You should be able to fill it up with enough money on your first attempt at installing the brake pedal to pay for a weekend getaway.
Yep it took about 45mins to muscle the breakpad on (I did it by heating the pad up in the clothes dryer and muscling it on). My pedal covers look like yours except I have all rubber dots instead of the big rubber pads. Not sure why there is such a price difference in these when buying them from dealers, I paid no more than $36 for mine from a Dodge dealer that ships on Amazon and Ebay.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am attempting to do this myself. I am not good with my hands. I am ready to blow up my apt complex!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am attempting to do this myself. I am not good with my hands. I am ready to blow up my apt complex!!!!
Hope you were able to get them on, I just heated my brake pads cover in the dryer for 10 min then I stretched and flexed the rubber as much as I could before fitting. Finally I worked each coner on (opposing corners) and finally used my fingers and a flathead to stretch out the rest of the rubber. Steady pulling and stretching worked for me, although others have used WD40 or soap to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts