Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Fronts are done now,

Just a little tip for those doing it themselves. There's a good video on youtube which explains how to do it, the guy does have all the tools to do It though.

I didn't have a vice, so instead of using a strap wrench, I taped the ends of some mole grips with duck tape and used that to grab the shock rod, its works much better.

I did have an electric impact wrench, but it was useless, you can do it all by hand if you use a bit of force.

When you put the new spring on, I stood the shock up and pushed down on the shock cap, this gives enough thread to put the bolt on it. You can then compress the springs and tighten the bolt. When looking at the thread on the rod. if you can count 8 gaps in the thread from the top of the bolt to the top of the rod, then you have tightened it all the way.

Here is a couple of pics, the car sits quite a bit lower now.

·
Registered
22,642 Posts
Nice job. :smileup:

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
The lowered stance looks good! Your installation advice was helpful too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lowered stance looks good! Your installation advice was helpful too.
Thank you :smileup:

It went in to Goodyear for re-alignment today, this was mainly because of a pot hole I hit during the winter.

I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not, but seemed ok, they do the alignment for $150 and you can go back as many times as you want for 3 years, so I went for that one. They also do it for $99 and you can go back as many times you want in a year.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,452 Posts
Looking Good! :smileup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts