Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought the car on saturday and knew right away that it was a little quiet. throttle response was great but i knew it could do better. so i began scraping at any part number available for the 2014 challenger's CAI i found a few like airraid, AEM, and of course MOPAR...and in the end i went with the mopar based on its availability and it was discounted from the dealer i bought my car at. and it looks amazing. so i picked it up this morning from my dealer who had it in stock and went straight home. installation was way too easy and i had it done in about 15-20 mins. the only thing i would watch out for is the Intake air sensor. you need to turn it counter clock wise to remove it. its only a quarter of a turn and then it will come out but dont go jerking on it. after that its pretty self explanatory. when your done you should have something that looks like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just got my mopar catback exhaust installed at the dealer the other picked it up took this video with my phone i must say my car sounds crazy loud and deep love the sound these things put out it also helps that mine is a shaker edition r/t with the mopar cai and it sucks in a lot of air though the shaker. i can tell over all after the exhaust upgrade that its even more power seems like so i think there was some gain there. here is the video enjoy if you have any questions let me know had the car one week now.
http://youtu.be/1z0581u1Wdw

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great man. So I decided to do a little testing out.I've heard all these great reviews about blasting bobs resonator delete kits so I'm going to try one out before I order my exhaust. I figure it's a cheap way to open up the sound and he'll if I can save 1700 bucks I'm in. As soon as it gets here I'll take before and after video when it's completed. Here is the part number 250CE 5.7 challenger resonator delete. It says it's the loudest so we. Shall see

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,002 Posts
Sounds great man. So I decided to do a little testing out.I've heard all these great reviews about blasting bobs resonator delete kits so I'm going to try one out before I order my exhaust. I figure it's a cheap way to open up the sound and he'll if I can save 1700 bucks I'm in. As soon as it gets here I'll take before and after video when it's completed. Here is the part number 250CE 5.7 challenger resonator delete. It says it's the loudest so we. Shall see

I originally installed the Blastin Bob's resonator delete kit (250CE) on my 2010. They are straight pipe replacements for the resonators. The drone was terrible. Removed them 3 days later, and installed Blastin Bob's glasspack resonator delete kit (GP225CE). The resonators are replaced by glasspacks. JMO--Deep throaty sound, but most of all, NO drone. The glasspack kit was $199.95. The straight pipe kit was $129.95.
From other member's posts, the straight pipe kit works great for those with the 6 speeds. Those with automatics (myself included) way too much drone. Hope this helps.--:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

If you own an auto (as opposed to a 6-spd) - a straight pipe delete is going to give you bad drone between 1800-2200 RPMs - right in the middle of the range where you do highway driving. Recommned you research this thoroughly before you cut pipe. Lots of youtube videos so you can hear how they sound and and if you check out hte exhaust sub-forum there are lots of good threads on this topic.

http://www.challengerforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it. if it ends up being terrible and it all falls through then the mopar it will probably be

·
Registered
640 Posts
Even with a six speed, you will have some drone issues with straight pipe and reso-delete set up. That is my current set up and I do get some drone around the 1800-2000 RPM range. It isn't unbearable, and it is quite easy to shift out of, but there is some drone. The one advantage us six speeders have is that we can shift in and out of certain RPM ranges more easily.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sorry for the slight thread jack there...The Mopar CAI looks great by the way. Nice piece of eye candy for the engine bay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's all good. That's what the thread is up for so I can get the input that I need. And that CAI turns out to be a lot more then eye candy I got a pretty good hp increase with the dashing good looks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bastin bobs resonator delete kit came in on tuesday. tomorrow is my first day off work since the Sunday before last. tomorrow the deletes go on ill post a video of the before and after with the high res and sound. if it all works out i think this will be a cheap and easy solution to many of our quiet exhaust issues. i just cant justify spending over 1500 on an exhaust that has the same diameter as the stock exhaust just with a different name stamped on it and a better sound.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts