·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_3217.JPG
IMG_3218.JPG
IMG_3219.JPG
IMG_3220.JPG
So long story short my family and I have been big fans of Moroso since before I was born. Needless to say when deciding to add an oil catch can to my 16 SPS I wanted to go with Moroso. I discovered they did not make one for the Shaker so I contacted them and suggested they use my car for product development. I met with Thor and Rick and they agreed it was a great idea. Following are the photos of the process and the final product along with part numbers of the Moroso oil catch can for shaker cars.

Thor, Rick, and Paul were some of the coolest people I have met in a long time. Their professionalism and enthusiasm towards all performance vehicles was evident. I had a great time there. Thor even gave me and a friend a full tour of the Moroso facility. Additionally, Thor hooked me up with a coolant reservoir tank that I will install and upload photos of as soon as I get a chance. Thank you again to the fine people at Moroso.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the part numbers for the Moroso oil catch can for the Shaker cars. Highly recommend this-looks great and very easy to use! Happy to answer any questions.
IMG_3246.PNG

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
That's awesome. Looks good. I have a Moroso catch can on my SP (non Shaker) and really like the convenience of the peacock to drain it vs chancing dropping a screw of container like the other brands.

Reactions: smunczen

·
Registered
570 Posts
When did u do this? I bought a moroso catch can in summer of '15 for my scat pack shaker. It has peacock valve also. Hmmm,gotta be different ones.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When did u do this? I bought a moroso catch can in summer of '15 for my scat pack shaker. It has peacock valve also. Hmmm,gotta be different ones.
Just did this a couple of weeks ago. Is your's mounted up front or in a convenient location in relation to the Shaker? I just love how easy this is to use and how the location makes it a highlighted Moroso piece under my hood. Either way, enjoy that awesome Shaker car buddy!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,858 Posts
Why does one need an oil catch can? Thanks in advance for no smart ass answers.
Vacuum from the engine pulls minute amounts of oil vapor from the PVC valve and dumps it into the intake path in front of the throttle body. The Oil Catch Can condenses that vapor and traps it in the catch can, keeping your throttle body and intake plenum clean. You need to empty the catch can from time to time, usually every oil change.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
wish that had been available a year ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, I had no idea it would pull enough oil into the engine to make a difference. I'm good with the old cars, not so much on the new ones. When I buy my new Challenger, I'll keep this in mind. Have you heard of any horror stories from sucking so much oil into the engine??

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Thank you, I had no idea it would pull enough oil into the engine to make a difference. I'm good with the old cars, not so much on the new ones. When I buy my new Challenger, I'll keep this in mind. Have you heard of any horror stories from sucking so much oil into the engine??
Here, this should help you: http://oilcatchcan.com/

Reactions: Maxedwell

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking for some help...I've got my 2018 Challenger R/T ordered and it should be here by August. I want to order my catch can so it will be here and I can install it as soon as possible. Can someone provide with the actual part number for the Moroso catch can (I like it because of the easy drain valve) that will fit the 2018 Challenger R/T plus? I want to make absolutely sure I get the right one shipped to me since i am currently in Europe.

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
Agree on Moroso making quality products

1 - 20 of 21 Posts