Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
t
there is a gas pump, standing a few feet from the regular pumps, one mile from work, Sunoco 260GT race fuel 100 octane

There is a God and he loves Hemi's!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
some of you know I have been running Amoco Gold 93 from BP, here in the Dirty South we have some good gas, but even the 93 isn't what it used to be so I was looking for somewhere to get better gas without having to ship some, this is like winning the lottery

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,887 Posts
That's cool, but straight 100 octane fuel won't do you any good without a proper tune to run it. Do you plan to run it straight or mix a bit of it with 93 octane?

:4-dontknow:

·
13,007 Posts
That's cool, but straight 100 octane fuel won't do you any good without a proper tune to run it. Do you plan to run it straight or mix a bit of it with 93 octane?

:4-dontknow:
^^^^^^ A very true statement!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no,no,no, not going to run it straight, I am switching to Diablo 93 tune with some customization,
this 93 Amoco Gold isn't what it used to be, with a few gallons of Sunoco 260GT in the tank my knock worries are over

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
7.50 a gallon by the way, worth every penny in my mind

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Where in ATlanta is the gas station that sells the 100 octane?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
it is a Sunoco gas station on hwy 41 Cobb Pkwy, going north it is just past the intersection of Kennesaw Due West and 41 on the left

Old crappy looking place............now looking a lot better in my eyes!

Darn Jet, you're a Stockbridge resident, I live in Rex just off 42 at Homestead, I'll probably bump into you one weekend, or see you at Atlanta Dragway..................I've got to get in the 13 second cloub

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
it is a Sunoco gas station on hwy 41 Cobb Pkwy, going north it is just past the intersection of Kennesaw Due West and 41 on the left
So...way north of the Big Chicken then? Is it near Kennesaw BBQ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5-6 miles north of the big chicken. Cross Barrett pkwy, pass Hooters at old 41, cross Kennesaw due west and on the left

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

dude, went to go pump a few gallons, pump is BROKEN, he is going to get it fixed but who knows when.....................bummer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
have you actually bought any SS100 or 260Gt or GTX local?

I've called a few stores (off the Sunoco locator) and I get people who don't know d*ck. So far haven't found another spot.

Does that NASCAR Sunoco on hwy 155 have anything?

I guess I may have to go to the track, Dixie Speedway up near work or Atlanta Motor Speedway near home?

I was all excited, I thought I was going to get something good to mix with my 93.

What have you been running in the 5.7 at the track?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
have you actually bought any SS100 or 260Gt or GTX local?

I've called a few stores (off the Sunoco locator) and I get people who don't know d*ck. So far haven't found another spot.

Does that NASCAR Sunoco on hwy 155 have anything?

I guess I may have to go to the track, Dixie Speedway up near work or Atlanta Motor Speedway near home?

I was all excited, I thought I was going to get something good to mix with my 93.

What have you been running in the 5.7 at the track?
I have been running 93. I had planned to buy race gas at Atlanta dragway but was having to much fun that I forgot. Lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did find Sunoco supreme race gas, off road only 112 octane on the pump on highway 155 in mcdonough, but I can't mix it in my challenger, it contains lead and could kill the cats

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I had my 66 "built" Cuda I was going to run some high octane gas in it and the engine builder told me the same thing. Just won't burn it properly.

On another note . . . a station I drive past when I go on business trips to Oak Ridge, Tennessee sells "100% gasoline." I think the typical station was selling the 10% ethanol gas for $3.07 per gallon 2 weeks ago, and the 100% gas was $3.47 or something like that.

I tried it once on my trip back home, and I actually got an additional 2 MPG.

Too bad it doesn't balance out cost vs. mileage.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah our cars do not need and would not burn straight 100 or 112 efficiently, however I have heard a lot of feedback from challengers that ran the 93 tune and had knock or drivability issues, issues most likely related to gas quality..............the ethanol 93 just isn't what the old "white" gas used to be.

So they moved back to 91 tune with 93 octane fuel and all is dandy.

So I was thrilled to find 100 unleaded on the pump and if the pump gets fixed I will mix 100 with my 93, detonation is deadly!

We do have stations in Georgia that sell 100% gas (no ethanol) for construction equipment and lawn care equipment etc. I saw my owners manual recommends against ethanol in our fuel but who can avoid it, its everywhere in every grade

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didn't know any of those parts store boosters were for real, I'll check torco out

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.