Dodge Challenger Forum banner
4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Bee Keeper 16 
#1 · (Edited)
I put mothballs underneath my car, a few under the hood and a few inside the truck to keep the mice away during the winter storage. Do any of you place any mothballs inside your vehicle. It seems to me the odor would permeate throughout the vehicle and leave a strong odor behind once they are removed in the spring.

#2 ·
I do put them in my challenger. Always have. Consider having your cockpit wiring replaced or a few weeks of mothball smell. I place them in the trunk also. A lot of chipmunks, squirrels and mice where I live. I live in a park. A few drives with the windows down rids the mothball smell of your car.

Reactions: KeysB5Blue
#3 ·
Mothballs work. I dump entire boxes of them in the boat in various places. Hidden areas, cabinets, the bilge, engine bays, transom cavity, you get the idea. NO rodents...EVER! Smell is gone after the first day on the water. An open box on each floor of the Challenger will keep them out of the heater box and cabin filter area. Also put an open box in the trunk.

-John

#11 ·
What kind of boat?

Reactions: TheOldGuy
#5 ·
We have packrats here and apparently moth balls do not deter them. I have seen many cars inflicted with major damage from packrats even with moth balls placed in and around them.

#6 ·
Have a few styrofoam cups filled with moth balls under the hood and on top of the tires. I also place dryer sheets inside the cockpit and trunk. Also clip some dryer sheets onto the exhaust tips to keep micr out. Lastly I have one of those "sonic" rodent replent devices that plug into an electrical socket in the garage. Not sure if these tricks actually work or not but Since I've been doing this never found any mouse evidence in the Challenger or Monte Carlo.

Reactions: Dodgeguy
#7 ·
My car is stored in the garage for the winter, should I still use the mothballs and dryer sheets? If so where would I place them to be specific. This is my first winter storage.

#10 ·
Thanks everyone for the input, I know the dryer sheets work well too. I was just wondering if anyone used the mothballs inside the vehicle and if so did they have a lingering mothball odor afterward. I hate the smell and would hate to see it embed itself into upholstery.

Reactions: MOPARMOM
#17 ·
Reactions: friendoffur
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.