Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everybody doing today?

Well with my current occupation I have to move around a lot. This time I will be moving to Colorado. Any advice on places to go visit or must see areas. I'm also curious about the racing scene near the Fort Collins area and Fort Carson area. Any information is appreciated.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,481 Posts
Wow, big decision in your young life! Good Luck to You!

·
Registered
243 Posts
What kind of racing? SCCA runs autocross out here, and there are 3 major road course tracks: Pike's Peak International Raceway (PPIR), just south of Colorado Springs; Pueblo Motorsports Park (PMP) has both a road course and drag (with Friday night open drags), just west of Pueblo. There is also High Plains Raceway (HPR), just north of Byers, which is east of Denver by ~45 min. SCCA and NASA are the primary road race sanctioning bodies here, but there are a number of smaller organizations that host open lapping days as well as road racing.

As mentioned, Bandimere is on the west side of Denver, right along the hogback, about equidistant from both Fort Carson and Fort Collins.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
How's everybody doing today?

Well with my current occupation I have to move around a lot. This time I will be moving to Colorado. Any advice on places to go visit or must see areas. I'm also curious about the racing scene near the Fort Collins area and Fort Carson area. Any information is appreciated.
What unit ya going too ? CSM Traylor 4ID is a Big MoPar Fan.:smileup:

Bandimere is site of NHRA Mopar Nationals, been there raced on it , what your car will not like is Altitude.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kilo1

I don't know which brigade I'm going to but I'm sure it will be 4ID. I used to live in South Dakota so altitude shouldn't be a problem. Mopar Nationals a good event to attend or is it a waste of time?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paint and body

Just curious, I have a project car that needs to be painted. Can anybody recommend a good shop in Colorado?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bandimere Speedway is about an hour and a half from Carson, just outside Denver to the west. I have never been there, but heard good things about it on other forums and such.

http://www.bandimere.com/index.php
I don't know which brigade I'm going to but I'm sure it will be 4ID. I used to live in South Dakota so altitude shouldn't be a problem. Mopar Nationals a good event to attend or is it a waste of time?
ROCKY MOUNTAIN THUNDER! Bandimere rocks.
:4-wavey:

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Welcome to Mile High ,you will notice a difference in how your car runs, but it is relative, everyone has to deal with the thin air.but you can supercharge it.

Anyway have a safe trip and good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts