Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Mr Norm's - Pistol grip shift handle didn't fit 2018 Scat Pack

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JTR18SHAKER 
#1 ·
First off I hold nothing against Mr Norm's, everything was settled to my satisfaction, in fact in a way it is a good news story as it may help other folks.

I ordered the Pistol Grip from Mr Norm's for my 2018 Scat Pack. When I tried to install it, it simply wouldn't fit, the back tang as I call it was about twice as thick as the stock one. Even using a lot of my weight I still couldn't get it to fit.

I sent some pictures and after a few discussions and many apologies from Larry at Mr Norm's he agreed to take it back. But I think he was a bit skeptical at the time. Anyway I received an email from Larry with additional apologies stating that they they had tried it on a 2018, and it would not fit! Apparently a change in manufacturing caused the chrome coating to be thicker than normal.

Now since I ordered from Canada there is no way for me to get back the provincial taxes and customs handling fees of $60 on the initial purchase. Larry said that this had never happened before and that they have been making them for 10 years. He offered to send me another one, but then I would have to pay another $60 for taxes and fees. I choose a refund and Larry also refunded the shipping fees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.