Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Yeah of all the items they make for the Challenger... That one always caught my eye... Really gives it a "retro" look... It's to bad they discontinued them.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
As per Retro-USA

Retro USA
Hello again - this is Donna Green. I had the pleasure of being the Marketing Director of Retro USA. Since there continues to be so much interest in bringing back the bumper kits, especially for the Challenger, I thought I would share a bit of the Retro USA story. The design/engineering of the chrome bumper kits for the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang was done by a father and son, Gary and Daryl Green. Pretty cool that that duo was recognized by the automotive plastics industry by awarding them the Innovation Award. Other awards followed from involvement in SEMA. As a family business we invested heart and soul and a lot of money to bring a bit of the past to the present-day reincarnation of three great cars.

Bringing a new product to market can be pretty intense. It wasn't our first endeavor. Gary also invented the Performax Drum Sander, which we sold internationally through 300 some dealers. After 15 plus years we sold that company and were enjoying some downtime until Gary just couldn't quit an idea. The timing was perfect as Daryl had just graduated with his degree in Automotive Engineering Design (number one in his class). We had some great times with a lot of car guys and gals at SEMA and other shows and cruises. Unfortunately, we could not keep the manufacturer involved as they felt the need to focus on higher quantity production with less of a demand for high quality. High gloss chrome is not the easiest to produce flawlessly. An extensive search of possible manufacturers was done. Unfortunately none were found for the bumper kits. Retro USA continues to offer injection-molded parts for the Camaro, Challenger and Mustangs.

I dont believe Donna really knows Marketing worth a crap you don't stop when you got a demand, Hundreds of FB post asking and infact begging. I even started reaching out to get that to resume had others also interested in them no dice. Now they say they can't find anyone who can do them???

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Yeah... Those would have been like the icing on the cake after those rims so to speak... 👍

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
If I did not have my Stroke and still had my Metal Working Tools I would of fabricated a set out of thin Aluminum and gotten then Nickle/Chrome Plated.
Those days are past so hopefully I score a set of real ones to be modified or someone who would be willing to make a set.

Still it's getting there now its Emblems for the exterior, then back to some Wood Grain for the interior and perhaps an original Hurst Pistol Grip
Shifter for mod like in a video I shared a Guy did that would still look good with the Wood Grain Plate Mod.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack 6spd Sublime
10 Posts
Here is some of the work done on my Challenger.
Ronnie removed the Tag Holder, filled it also fixed a area that was pushed in which was there when I got the car 2 years ago.

Some photos Ronnie posted of my car in his shop. Small Dings and Scratches Fixed View attachment 303761
More Tweaking on the Rear Quarter
View attachment 303763
View attachment 303764
View attachment 303765
Before the redone Bezels were installed and the Custom Old School style Lower 3d Printed and Chromed Fog / Parking Light Bezels were installed with my Lens Mods
I did to complete the old School 70's look. View attachment 303766

View attachment 303767

More images soon.
Bill
Came out very nice! It's hard to find a competent paint and body shop and I should know cause I've been doing it for almost 50 years and most places are not that good!😁👍👊

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks, he even filled the Holes where front Tag Holder Was and removed a small flat spot out of that Fascia. He's been doing Custom Cars, Hot Rods, Restorations, and Exotics, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Bentley, Rolls, Limos, etc.,well over 40 years. I have known him since 85 and since I cant Paint or do Body Work after a bad stroke in 2017 he told me that he would take care of it and worked with me on getting it back in shape. Was blessed to get it done by Ronnie and fact his shop is now only a few miles from the House.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts