Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first ever thumbs down today while driving with my family in the Challenger. We drove over to the river to look at the water, watch the boats, birds, etc.

Anyway a group of three cars were leaving just as we were pulling into the parking lot. One car was a nice 1985 or so Buick Regal with a healthy V8 and some drag radials on the back. Next car was a early 2000's Ford Mustang GT with some black rims, and a nice sounding exhaust.

Trailing behind them was another guy in a early 2000's Ford Mustang GT, but this car was a real junker. The passenger side headlight was busted, the paint was dull and oxidized, the rims and tires were dirty, cracked windshield, etc.

So as we passed the last guy going the other way, he looks at us, and gives us a thumbs down and points at us haha! I didn't see him because I was watching where I was going, but my wife caught the guy giving us the thumbs down. We just had to laugh. Here the poor guy was driving some beat down junker Mustang and he's giving us a thumbs down. Gotta love that! :)

Usually guys with nice cars, regardless of the make or model, are pretty cool with other cool car owners. But this guy was a wannabe. Kind of felt sorry for him haha!

Anyway, so that's my first thumbs down story. Definitely a good laugh for the day! :smileup:

Reactions: Latenite1

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Well, kinda went the opposite way there! But yea, I wouldn't have sweated it either. Poor guy is probably just mad he's driving a beaten up car and saw your fine ride pass by.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Some people were abused as kids , Some need to be !!

I always am different in the way I build cars many why but funny so many take what I have done and add it to theirs , But being into cars since High school these new kids sometimes LOL bet they said that about me too

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yeah, poor guy, have to feel sorry for people like that. What made it more funny is my car was all cleaned up and nice looking and his was all raddy and junky looking, and yet he's giving me thumbs down. That's like an alcoholic looking down on you for having one beer after work. Haha! Not exactly a credible source by any means. :)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,748 Posts
Some people are just idiots.

Reactions: Northernhawk

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I actually had a guy in a new Camaro give me the middle finger!

Also had a guy in a 67 Barracuda (I think) pass me and give me a thumbs up when I was test driving the Challenger in 09. That was pretty neat.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha wow the middle finger? Just for driving a Challenger? That poor guy really needs to get a life.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So far I haven't had any thumbs down. Its always been thumbs up, smiles, or good comments although one guy in a Dodge Truck screamed out the window that I drive like a douche bag. I was quite shocked because I was cruising at the speed limit just enjoying some music. Sad part is that this guy had Fire Fighter plates on this truck and driving a Dodge as well. I though I would get a little respect from someone like that. Maybe he was having a rough day. Whatever, no sweat off my back. Can't make everyone happy.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,476 Posts
Last Friday in Rapid City, I was driving into the K-Mart parking lot, and a gentlemen and probably his wife were coming out of the store. He was walking in front of me and looks at my car and gives me an okay sign with his hand. Never got that one before, but it was great. I then found a far away place to park. As I was walking away from my car, the same gentlemen was driving by my car and shouted out to me "that is a beautiful car." So it was a good way to start the day!!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Ya know what make people like that mad. Smile and wave at them!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha yeah I would have smiled and waved at him if I would have seen him. I wasn't even paying attention to the guy since he had a beater car. My wife noticed him and just laughed when he did it haha!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I actually had a guy in a new Camaro give me the middle finger!
I got that driving down the PA turnpike not too long after getting my Challenger. But that guy was driving some econobox, so it was easy to see why he was pissed, hehe. Wrote about it on the forum somewhere. I should look for it; probably give me a good laugh.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
there's always a DB in every crowd... obviously just a punk and not a "car guy". i agree it's too bad you didn't get to see him do it and retaliate... i'd have given him a smile :D and and a big thumbs up... :smileup: really confuse the heck out of him!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got that driving down the PA turnpike not too long after getting my Challenger. But that guy was driving some econobox, so it was easy to see why he was pissed, hehe. Wrote about it on the forum somewhere. I should look for it; probably give me a good laugh.
When I first got my Challenger, I ended up at a light next to a Toyota Prius. The owner just looked over at me and my car and then shook his head and rolled his eyes. Then him and the passenger started talking and waving their hands around. When the light turned green I just took off like a bat out of hell, haha!

I felt like rolling down the window and saying...hey thanks for saving all that gas, more for me to burn now! :)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
When I first got my Challenger, I ended up at a light next to a Toyota Prius. The owner just looked over at me and my car and then shook his head and rolled his eyes. Then him and the passenger started talking and waving their hands around. When the light turned green I just took off like a bat out of hell, haha!

I felt like rolling down the window and saying...hey thanks for saving all that gas, more for me to burn now! :)
Challengers are hybrids..... we burn fuel AND rubber! :smileup:

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha good one Dave! I've done both of those this week. Burned a lot of gas, and did a nice smokey burnout in front of my buddy's house the other day. Left some nice black patches in his street. Of course I'll probably need tires this fall, but oh well it's worth it! :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sounds like that guy has some envy issues as well as just being a jerk. Who cares what a loser like that thinks anyway, right?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha yeah, trust me it didn't mess up my day, just thought it was kind of funny.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts