Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I plan on getting a new pcm and tuner very soon. *I’m fully aware that this won’t magically boost me to 450 but this will be one of my first mods

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
57,291 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

Reactions: SonderValley

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
You are not going to get 450 hp from an unlocked PCM and tuner. I Recently added headers, unlocked PCM, and a dyno. Today I’m picking up my car with an MDS delete/stage two cam and another dyno. That’s what it’ll take to get you there.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Procharger...but then..wheels and tires, brakes, strut tower braces, lowering, etc et.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
And driveline upgrade...just trade it on a Scat Pack.
Not everyone wants a 392. A 345 has better build options.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,262 Posts
To get there Headers as Mentioned Headers, Cam, perhaps a Throttle Body, AEM High Flow Air Filter along with the Tuner and PCM then its a realistic goal. No way a Tuner and PCM alone will do it.
Bill

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
164 Posts
If you are gonna go thru all that why not pull the motor and mess w recip assembly ports and springs?

And still throw a unit on it : )

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon.

Check my profile and it will give you an idea what you will need to do. Even with all of that I think I am only at 460 at the crank.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
But if your goal is 450 HP then the Scat already exceeds that, no build necessary.
As I said in my thread about my build, I was not driven by cost. If cost is your focus, I agree with you. I have a T/A with a 345 for a reason (history explains) and I love my car. It's beautiful and even on our new calendar. What I have is now unique and faster than a 392. It's a beast and I will smile every day I drive it. Especially when I surprise that hot shot Scat guy next to me. Me with my 345 stickers on the side LOL. BTW, I ended up with 523 HP (estimated from rear wheel HP).

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
1,020 Posts
But if your goal is 450 HP then the Scat already exceeds that, no build necessary.
He wants 450 HP at the wheels. I think the Scat is a little short of that. Especially the A8 (parasitic loss). 485 HP at the crank.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
If you have a 345, you can't magically change it to a 392. Before either is purchased, yes 392 is an option but bringing it up now makes no sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are not going to get 450 hp from an unlocked PCM and tuner. I Recently added headers, unlocked PCM, and a dyno. Today I’m picking up my car with an MDS delete/stage two cam and another dyno. That’s what it’ll take to get you there.
Sorry I should’ve stated the rest of my car plans but yes I do know I won’t reach my goal with just a pcm and tuner alone. And I really appreciate the advice I keep it in mind for my car.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts