Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Yes it does handle boost better and is why Mopar used it in the Drag Pack Challengers.
Yea but, those drag pack cars use the forged crank from the 6.1 engine. One of our club guys already fragged a 5.7 when he turned up the boost to 9.2 P.S.I. Nothing could be salvaged. The damage even cracked both heads.
-John

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,266 Posts
John not sure what Mopar does I think its a Stage II or Stage III built factory Engine in that Package!!!
According to Dodge, this is the quickest, fastest, and most powerful Challenger Drag Pak ever offered by the company. The engine is a 354 cubic-inch Hemi V-8 with forged internals, topped with a 3.0-liter Whipple-type twin-screw supercharger, culminating in an NHRA-rated output of 630 horsepower. Torque gets to the rear wheels via a three-speed TH400 automatic transmission connected to a lightweight aluminum driveshaft and a live axle built by Strange Engineering. The company hasn't released a 0-60 time, but says the car can do the quarter-mile in as low as 7.5 seconds.

They have done 5000 passes with them no incident.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Welcome. I owned a 2012 RT and it had a Edlebrock blower on it. Achieved those numbers so it’s possible. Set to 6 lbs. boost. No internal upgrades. Blower was passive - didn’t kick in until WOT. But a setup like that isn’t cheap. Good luck.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
165 Posts
The company hasn't released a 0-60 time, but says the car can do the quarter-mile in as low as 7.5 seconds.

Lol. Yeah there was one on display at the world finals

According to whoever wrote that article they have a 15” front lol. Smoked

Maybe that car CAN legally run as quick as 7.50 as per nhra safety rules moly cage and and a chute etc

How much do they weigh?

How quick have you seen one run?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yea but, those drag pack cars use the forged crank from the 6.1 engine. One of our club guys already fragged a 5.7 when he turned up the boost to 9.2 P.S.I. Nothing could be salvaged. The damage even cracked both heads.
-John
You dont need to exceed 8lbs of boost for a Street Driver beyond that your looking at damage for sure with a lot of engines.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I tried to push about 12 lbs of boost to a 427 in my 79 Z28 it didnt fare well after 2 weeks of driving...
2nd one I lowered it to 8lbs and was plenty.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts