Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now has 2106 km averaging 32 mph imperial. Traded in the 2010 for this.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Green Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Green
Land vehicle Vehicle Green Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Muscle car

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, all the options on this, everyone available is awesome. It makes my old SE look like a no option POS and it was pretty loaded. And the 3.6/8 speed has way more power and equal or better mileage than the 3.5/5 spd despite the extra weight.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
What a beauty!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Put some miles on it, love the performance, 33 mpg imperial on the highway and sooo many options. I wish they would have put mud flaps on, already got stone chips.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The two issues we have found are no horn and the sun roof leaks in the automatic car wash. We are at 3500+ km now, planning on a 0W20 oil change at 8000 km for the winter. Using the 2010's winter tires for one more year. I knew it was time to trade in the 2010, this car is so nice I have abandoned the idea of using my 88 Cutlass for anymore long trips, was trying to eek out 30 mpg out of it. The GT gets 33 mpg imperial at 116 km/hr! I plan on pulling the 2004R overdrive out of my 88 Cutlass for my 1970 Cutlass S, it will run at the same rpm as the GT, similar straight line performance but will get low 20's mpg at best and no where as good in the corners. Plus no A/C or any of the creature comforts.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,438 Posts
Welcome fellow Oldsmobile owner and now like me a Challenger owner. I have 3 View attachment 139860 View attachment 139862 Oldsmobiles now along with 2 Challengers a 16 Scat Pack and 17 GT. I have only recently got the Mopar bug but after buying 2 new Challengers in 2 years I have it bad and don't want to be cured. View attachment 139856
The wagon is looking real good, the whitewalls just get it , love em. What are the hubcaps on your moms car , I can't remember, but I know I know them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
Welcome fellow Oldsmobile owner and now like me a Challenger owner. I have 3 View attachment 139860 View attachment 139862 Oldsmobiles now along with 2 Challengers a 16 Scat Pack and 17 GT. I have only recently got the Mopar bug but after buying 2 new Challengers in 2 years I have it bad and don't want to be cured. View attachment 139856
This is my second Challenger as well. I was going to keep the 2010 Stone White SE but it was getting rough around the edes, including rust and getting high mileage. Between dropping the fuel tank, trying to find a new seat bottom and the 3.5's oil burning, it made trading it in easier. This GT is so much nicer in every way, including better fuel economy. Those are some nice Olds, I really like the second gen Olds SBO motor, which is all I run.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 thing i would do is remove the dealer sticker from the spoiler
We aren't thrilled with it either but it could be worse. My 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass S had a dealer emblem! I had to fill the holes where they pounded it into the trunk!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My wife tested what 200 km/hr felt like, it was dam good:). Comparable to 160 in the 2010 SE.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if its a sticker use a hair dryer to heat it up and peel it off then use goo gone or wd 40 to remove the residue glue
It is a sticker. I will wait to see how good service is at the dealer, they piss me off and the sticker comes off:).

1 - 20 of 66 Posts