Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I picked up this from Amazon, basically double the cost of Fram locally. I used one in my last Challenger and in my Dakota as well. I really like the non oiled filters, saw MAF codes on Ford's with the oiled filters.
Publication Book Font Material property Rectangle

Rectangle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Auto part
Food Automotive lighting Rectangle Cuisine Font

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Registered
2017 GT AWD, Max Steel
69 Posts
How do you like those filters in comparison to the paper ones? I read people saying "increases sound and hp, throttle response faster" but I think that's likely all in their head; I think it seems to me that the main advantage of these is that they are washable / reusable (plus they look cool if you care about that on a hidden part). Am I off base here or am I pretty close?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Their contribution is minor, maybe a tiny bit of a difference. I can tell you opening up the air box on my Dakota was the difference maker, maybe 2" to 4". I like they are non oiled, washable and well made. A Hellcat air box and Redeye hood or a good enclosed cold air with the headlight tube will do way more.

·
Registered
2017 GT AWD, Max Steel
69 Posts
Yeah that's sort of what I was thinking. I'm not a HP junkie but I don't mind stuff that makes the car look or sound a little nicer. I've mostly been putting my money into everyday basic performance stuff like new tires, brakes and rotors, etc.

The one kinda arbitrary thing I did add was a Petty's shock tower brace and I really feel it reduced dip in turns, the front end stays much flatter now.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well that an unpleasant 5 hour drive. Around Saskatoon, it was easy, speed limit driving. The first 3 hours from Melville was shear ice, 70 km/hr. Needless to say, looking at getting studded tires put on. Thinking of the Goodyear Winter Command, in stock or possibly the Tiger Paw Winter, if available. I ran multiple sets of the Tire Paw and a couple of the Goodyear. Both have changed their design, so who knows. Studding adds $30 per tire. So over a grand for 4.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I paid for the Goodyear Tires. They better actually have them in stock. They claim quiet and grip very well. The Michelin are too dam pricey and aren't studdable, the other tire they have in stock.

·
Registered
2017 GT AWD, Max Steel
69 Posts
I put Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ on my Challenger. Don't need studs thankfully, and if it gets REAL crappy outside I have an F150 I'll use instead of the Challenger. I am however looking forward to putting the Challenger through the paces a little this winter and seeing how it does.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well, I changed my mind on the 19" Winter tires that would have to switch twice a year, $100+ every spring and fall. So I was going through the local Facebook classifieds and came across four 18" aluminum rims with 235/60R18 studded tires, $500 which I paid. The same height as the factory 235/55R19, awesome. They looked really nice, universal bolt pattern with multi lug holes, tires had 9mm tread, 10mm new. They came off a 2012 Toyota Highlander which also has a 5x115 bolt pattern. Even more surprising they had very similar back spacing, I got him to measure 6.5". I measured the GT's factory wheel, also 6.5" from the back of the flange. Now the bad, no tire pressure sensors. No problem, coming from Amazon for $60 Canadian for all 4. I meet him they psychically fit, worried with the 14mm vs the 12mm Toyota studs. My lug nuts are way wrong. So I buy a set the same style as the the Toyota used, he included them. The bad, due to the stud 14mm studs I have to clearance around them to bolt them on. I have nothing but time when I not in the hospital. I bought a battery powered die grinder and solder iron combo. Still saved $500.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Kitchen utensil Metal Gas Nickel Aluminium

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So I am getting around 18 mpg in the city. It is a 4000+ pound with the AWD engaged constantly in these temps. The highway mileage drops to 30 in Winter from 35-36 mpg average on the highway doing 65 to 70 mph. The heated steering wheel, seats and mirrors and instant on window defrost with command start are super nice. I saw this in the parking lot. This a 18 to 21 Blacktop AWD GT. Some things I like better than my 17, some things not as much.
20211210_083412_db102b705fc2eaf0bbe773c671c936b4c2647f9e.jpg

20211210_083420_b956bdcd38c2c4b6e1d7d78508be14efc0857ade.jpg

20211210_083432.jpg

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Another thing to mention, besides being more reliable, fuel efficient and much more powerful than other Chrysler V6 I have owned, talking a 93 3.3, 2000 3.9 and 2010 3.5, is warm up and heat in this car. It warms up quickly in the cold, idling produces hot air, which is even more impressive. The others could idle for an hour and hardly produce heat at idle, a premium thermostat change did very little. It also doesn't run any noticeable amount warmer towing our boat in the Summer heat, also a bonus.

·
Registered
2017 GT AWD, Max Steel
69 Posts
I too love the heated seats and steering wheel. Never had a car with a heated steering wheel before, it sure is nice on those cold days.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
It sure is. The last one we had unheated mirrors and wheel. Add in no back up camera or motion sensor, it was treacherous just backing out of the drive way.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Ordered the Weather Tech Driver and Passenger mats from their Canadian site for AWD in Black.

·
Premium Member
2,365 Posts
that is a beautiful color. congrats!! nice collection of cars.

Reactions: 2010swse

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
FYI, Weather Tech does not accept Visa Debit.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I agree. Either way, it is a good FYI. Hopefully they ship them today, the lady on the phone checked if they were in stock, according to their online inventory, they were.

·
Registered
2017 GT AWD, Max Steel
69 Posts
Enjoy those new mats when they come in! They're really great. I enjoy mine immensely. The fit is nearly perfect (not entirely, but close enough that I'm happy with it) and the material seems very strong.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts