Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man I'm having fun this winter! So I ordered a CAI from Chris at Legmaker CAI. I had a really good experience with Chris and Chris delivered a great product! Here's a few pics of how the install went.

The instructions used a "hole" saw to put the correct size hole thru the fender opening. My 2012 triangular hole thru the fender doesn't lend itself well to a hole saw. I used a dremel with a carbide burr and then smoothed it out with some sanding drums. I did take a rattle can to cover any exposed metal as well

The provided trim wouldn't work well with this shape so I ordered a couple sleeves to rig up something that would work. One sleeve will

protect the tube from the opening and the thicker sleeve would serve as a stop and secure the assembly from sagging thru the opening.

I used some painters tape to make sure my fittings were the correct
depth when clamping.

Here you can see the sleeve protecting the tube from the opening as well as the "stop sleeve"

This pic is from the bottom showing the protective sleeve.

Thanks for looking!
C'MON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Good job on the install :rep:

When you get around to driving it keep us posted on how it sounds and if your engine feels any different! :smileup:

·
Registered
22,663 Posts
Nice job, looks good and should pick you up a few ponies. :smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Looking to add the LMI Hammer myself very soon. The air filter on the Hammer remains where the stock air filter sits, so hopefully I won't have to modify the hole in the fender opening. Thanks for the writeup!

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words :smileup:.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,516 Posts
Good Job! :smileup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts