Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see near as many Challengers on the road as I do Camaros or Mustangs, but I do see a few here and there. I wanted mine to stand out a bit from those that I do see. Mine was originally Bright White with the standard black dual SRT stripes. I decided to give the whole vinyl wrapping a try and this is what I ended up with. My wife and I did it in one day and it took a total of about 6 hours to complete. The next day our town had it's yearly celebration and I was setting down towards the beginning of the parade. It came to a point that some old rebuilt tractors and classic cars were heading up Main Street in the parade and one of the people in charge of the parade yells at me and tells me to join in. I felt kind of silly at first, but I thought what the heck, so I pulled in behind a '32 Ford with 3 kids setting in the rumble seat. The kids couldn't stop looking back at my car. I had quite a few people step out and stop me to get photos too. It made me feel pretty good about my custom graphics job. In the photos you will see the front bumper stripe is angled more in line with the hood stripes. I removed that because I didn't really like the way it looked. Everything else remains the same. I am planning on redoing that stripe to make it more vertical and not look so angled/slanted.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Well I think you'll be able to find your car in the parking lot without any problems LOL. Congrats on the new stripe job. :smileup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everybody. To anybody looking to do a wrap on their car, I think the spoiler was the hardest part. It just has a lot of angles and curves that you have to stretch the vinyl around. The hood, roof and trunk weren't too bad. The stripes were the easiest part of the job. I hand cut them and used masking tape to get my lines the way I wanted before applying the stripes over the wrap.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice job with the install. You did a good job copying the 2011 ACR look. We did the same thing to my friends 2014 Redline, though we used carbon fiber vinyl

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought it was cool yesterday when I looked at this, but the fact you did that yourself makes it even more impressive.

Looks really cool.

R

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I considered the carbon fiber vinyl, but have always liked the look of silver stripes on white cars. I thought I would see what it looked like with the whole area in silver. It is actually called anthracite and is a metallic. I also considered the brushed steel looking vinyl.

·
Registered
575 Posts
... I decided to give the whole vinyl wrapping a try and this is what I ended up with ...
Anyone willing to re-post the images as uploads, please? Dropbox isn't allowed through my proxy here. :smiledown:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Acr

As I said before looks great.
Now you need to buy a tin of red plasti dip
For those two side mirrors.
That's what I used.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could have wrapped the mirrors with the same wrap, but I think the red mirrors are just too much. I am just leaving mine white.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Looks killer! Great job on the install. What color on the hood, roof and deck lid?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The hood, roof, trunk, and spoiler are wrapped in 3M 1080 Gloss Anthracite. I hand cut the stripes out of 3M 1080 Hot Rod Red.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
That's very original! Job well done!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ended up taking the red stripe off of the front bumper and like it without it. Here is a photo of the car without that front stripe. Let mw know what you think.

I attached it for those who can't view the above photo.

6.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts