Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sold my daily driver (jeep) last week and have been driving my challenger everyday. Needless to say the Mod bug bit. I am in the middle of building a house right now so the budget is tight. I gave plasti dip a shot and I think it will hold me over for a while. What do you guys think? pd1.jpg

pd2.jpg

pd3.jpg

pd4.jpg

pd5.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Seems like you applied it very well. Isn't it a fun medium? It's like a cross between paint and rubber but you can peel it like rubber cement. Very cool, your car looks sick.

·
Premium Member
18,518 Posts
Nicely done. :smileup: Did my son's wheels a couple of weeks ago and they turned out nice. Good option for changing the looks of the car for under $ 50.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it looks really good :smileup:
Thank you.

Seems like you applied it very well. Isn't it a fun medium? It's like a cross between paint and rubber but you can peel it like rubber cement. Very cool, your car looks sick.
Yeah it is pretty neat. All I did was lay a pinstripe where I wanted the dip to stop and peeled off what I didn't want. It's like magic in a can. Thanks for the compliments.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Nicely done I'm tempted to give plastidip a try at some point. I was mainly contemplating it for the rear taillights but it might be fun to try on my wheels as well.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
949 Posts
That looks really cool the way you left selective portions of the fuel cover and wheels chrome. Hadn't seen it done quite that way before. Great job!:smileup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks great!!

Plasti dip is very fun and quite additive :)

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I think all of it looks great! The entire car looks tied together....nice look!
Good job!:smileup:

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
Very nice work.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
That looks really cool the way you left selective portions of the fuel cover and wheels chrome. Hadn't seen it done quite that way before. Great job!:smileup:
Agree with cowdoc. The rims look good with that selective coverage!! I really like the chrome that you left on!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone. I wanted something a little different from everyone else. An all black wheel doesn't look right to me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts