Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392 6 Speed
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and got the Luxe 3D vinyl hexagon and American Brothers color match 392 emblem in Destroyer Grey. Got home from dinner and did the install in the garage as it鈥檚 now dark at 7:30 馃が

Attachments

Registered
Nice... I like that... Been debating with myself as to what I want to do with mine... That whole area is just to shinny.

Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
Went and got the Luxe 3D vinyl hexagon and American Brothers color match 392 emblem in Destroyer Grey. Got home from dinner and did the install in the garage as it鈥檚 now dark at 7:30 馃が
Looks good and covers up the moulding injection dimples in the plastic panel too it looks like.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good and covers up the moulding injection dimples in the plastic panel too it looks like.
Thanks. I considered getting the Dodge letters color matched but decided the 392 was the way to go. Good thing I saved the template foam cut out the fender badges came in to get the spacing right. I鈥檓 not sure the Dodge letters come in a template and I鈥檇 imagine impossible to get on straight, at least if you get the custom painted set of letters anyway.

Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
That looks great. The factory should have done it like that. They also should have used a script Challenger emblem like 1971. I may do this if my panel gets too scratched. I've found if you look at the panel too hard, you'll scratch it.

Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
That looks great. The factory should have done it like that. They also should have used a script Challenger emblem like 1971. I may do this if my panel gets too scratched. I've found if you look at the panel too hard, you'll scratch it.
Exact reason I did the Luxe vinyl.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I must have looked at it wrong as well because I found a few scratches when I decided to do the Luxe vinyl.

Registered
2020 Scat Pack Widebody
Looks awesome, well done! Really like the 392 on there!

Same as others I was actually surprised and laughed at how scraped the rear was. I'm talking, noticed it before it even left the showroom floor.

I also did the Luxe - yesterday actually. I didn't do the best job but its an improvement. The rear panel piece was the easiest of the bunch in my opinion. I did all markers, rear inner lights, and the center panel. Smudges just need to be wiped away. Pretty amazing how raised letters and manufacturing imperfections/seems are amplified by the vinyl.

Automotive parking light Sky Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks awesome, well done! Really like the 392 on there!

Same as others I was actually surprised and laughed at how scraped the rear was. I'm talking, noticed it before it even left the showroom floor.

I also did the Luxe - yesterday actually. I didn't do the best job but its an improvement. The rear panel piece was the easiest of the bunch in my opinion. I did all markers, rear inner lights, and the center panel. Smudges just need to be wiped away. Pretty amazing how raised letters and manufacturing imperfections/seems are amplified by the vinyl.

View attachment 288415

View attachment 288413

View attachment 288414
I鈥檓 on the fence about doing the lights. Nice color. 馃憤馃徎

Registered
2020 Scat Pack Widebody
I鈥檓 on the fence about doing the lights. Nice color. 馃憤馃徎
It's cheap enough where I felt like I could just remove it if I didn't like it. I think whole kit was $100. I do like it, the biggest annoyance is my PPF is peeling away near one of the markers. I hadn't really noticed until I got in there to apply the vinyl.

Hey, did you just adhere the 392 to the top of the vinyl? curious about how it installs over the hex.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's cheap enough where I felt like I could just remove it if I didn't like it. I think whole kit was $100. I do like it, the biggest annoyance is my PPF is peeling away near one of the markers. I hadn't really noticed until I got in there to apply the vinyl.

Hey, did you just adhere the 392 to the top of the vinyl? curious about how it installs over the hex.
Yes it鈥檚 got the superstrong 3m backing on the emblems. It鈥檚 not going anywhere.

Registered
looks, good with the whole light covered. I almost went that route, still might later on, we'll see.

ever get hassled about the plate cover? I've been thinking of adding one just to add to the dark theme on my car, scared it's gonna get me pulled over.
No hassle so far plus they got to catch me! Did it on my hellcat also
Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Tire

1 - 20 of 80 Posts