Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who know the history of my car from previous posts, you can pass over this part. For those who don't, a 15-second synopsis. I bought my car in 2011 from Alice Cooper. It's a special edition 2009 RT. It has a few special mods that came with it--dealership installed and otherwise. It's a pretty cool car, and I've enjoyed it for the past 6-7 years!

Now, here's the crux of my post. I posted a 'before and after' of the car on some of the Mopar groups I'm a member of on Facebook. For the most part, people were positive, but there were some who were absolutely scathing--going so far as to call me "stupid" and "a moron with too much money and not enough sense." Now, understand...I have very thick skin. So I didn't cry and piss about it. I just said that people were entitled to their opinion (and they are), but if you absolutely hate it--or anything else, for that matter--why do you find it necessary to just eviscerate someone just because YOU don't like it?

Now, had I put 30" wagon wheels with rubberband tires on it and put 4' long vertical exhausts on it...yeah, that's asking for it! But this was just a wrap, which is removable, along with some Demon wheels and Eibach lowering springs. It's a commemorative car meant to pay tribute to a legendary musician who has influenced a lot of people. I'm going to post that picture here, and GOOD OR BAD, I'm asking for your thoughts. Keep in mind, the wrap is removable. The wheels, calipers, rotors, springs, underglow and halos, SRT spoiler, 3G splitter, and all of the rest of that is not. Also, I'm open to suggestions if you have those. This is not a DD; it is meant to be a themed car to take to car shows. That's all. The wrap will be removed in a few years, and it will be back to the pristine Hemi orange finish that I started with. No harm done. And even if you hate it, I appreciate your input. Without further adieu...the photo...

upload_2018-5-13_12-42-47.png

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The wrap is cool and certainly understandable since it was owned by alice. But I love hemi orange so I would've just bragged that it was owned by him. I saw him walking through the rome airport one morning. I just happened to look up at the right time and just said to myself hmm that was cool

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: Bee Keeper 16

·
Registered
587 Posts
Did you make sure there is a golf bag in the trunk?

·
Registered
587 Posts
"Keep in mind, the wrap is removable. The wheels, calipers, rotors, springs, underglow and halos, SRT spoiler, 3G splitter, and all of the rest of that is not."

What kind of wheels did you get that aren't removeable? :D

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you make sure there is a golf bag in the trunk?
Ya got me there! However, I DO have an autographed guitar that goes alongside during car shows!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
First off it can always be put back to stock. All those things bolted on.

My opinion? It’s certainly not something I’d do but I think it’s well done. It kind of has a desert storm look to it until you see a pic of Alice Cooper. I think it will draw people at a car show and people will enjoy the story.

I like all cars that are well done and tasteful and that’s how I feel about yours. It could be over the top and ugly but it’s kind of a subtle smack in the face.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,949 Posts
While it is not something I would do, I think that for your intent, you nailed it. I like that you achieved your goal and I think it is tastefully done. I know and appreciate the thought and effort that goes into personalization, or tribute. I like how you blended the components of Alice's shows into the wrap - the eye makeup, snakeskin - is there a guillotine blade somewhere? A++ on that.

I don't understand how the "wheels, calipers, rotors, springs, underglow and halos, SRT spoiler, 3G splitter" are not removable. OK, maybe you had to drill holes for mounting somewhere, so removing them would compromise the stock look. Other mods you listed are not necessarily highly visible, or can be turned off.

Good job!

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
As someone put it so well before me in this post. It is your car. You don't have to be concerned with pleasing anyone. It's what you wanted to do. I'm thinking however, you are having second thoughts about this else you wouldn't have posted asking thoughts about what you've done. If you're happy that is all that is important.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As someone put it so well before me in this post. It is your car. You don't have to be concerned with pleasing anyone. It's what you wanted to do. I'm thinking however, you are having second thoughts about this else you wouldn't have posted asking thoughts about what you've done. If you're happy that is all that is important.
I understand your comment, but no second thoughts. I worked with a graphic artist for quite a while before settling on a design. The picture is poor quality under fluorescent lights, so it looks a little washed out. The colors are more brilliant than they show in the picture...but I digress. I did ask for opinions, as I've gotten a lot of useful feedback from others. Even some of those who don't like it have offered some feedback on what could be done differently, or perhaps what could add to the overall look. Then there are the asshats who just spew something like "it looks like shit", and offer nothing of substance. It's feedback...but pretty much without substance. I guess there's always going to be one in the crowd.

I know it's not a look many would go for. But there are a LOT of people with many different looks on their cars that I don't personally care for, but I can appreciate it for what it is--personalized. Some of these show cars I've seen are WAY overdone--too much chrome, too much painted covers and parts, and those airbags that I personally can't stand, but I can appreciate it. And I offer useful input. I can offer "It's not for me, but..." without sounding like a complete douche canoe.

Thank you for your honest input. I appreciate it. :)

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,864 Posts
Thread officially"unwatched". Have fun.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thread officially"unwatched". Have fun.
I don't understand that, but ok. Your input was spot-on. It's not 'for you', but you weren't condescending. I thank you for your input.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's different and I like it!! It's not too over the top and it does pay homage to the man and the machine! Good job with the design.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I think it’s cool AF !!! Really it’s your car and if you like it then I love it :cool: I’m all for people being them self and not trying to conform with what everyone else likes. Cars are just a extension of our personalities. And it’s just a wrap it can be removed very easily. You do you and don’t worry about what other people think ..... I sure don’t that’s why I drive a bright green VERY LOUD. Car :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts
You car, your choice, life is about choices !!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts