Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
:wow:My husband calls her the Garage Queen, I call her Rose.
HA! Great responce!

Easy fix. Next time you are in your car and your hubby calls it Garage Queen do a burnout, then look at him and say " Her name is ROSE". He won't call her anything else.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,432 Posts
Mine is named Lucille, Lucille means light, might be a bit corney, but it goes back to when I saw the concept of the Challenger...the light went on and I knew I would own this car when it was built. My daughters came up with the name when I explained this to them, I thought it was a good fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am going to add this, look up the term "Chally" at urban dictionary.com and read the second definition of the term "Chally" and I think you get my drift. Plus I never heard Kowalski in Vanishing Point say anything that demoralizing about his fine ride!

Yes I agree - a Challenger is never to be called that - can we make this a rule?

·
Registered
612 Posts
OP, I was planning to give you a list of the names my hubby calls my "Chally", but then decided it may offend some. :gy:

But my Challenger's name is ROXIE!

I am going to add this, look up the term "Chally" at urban dictionary.com and read the second definition of the term "Chally" and I think you get my drift. Plus I never heard Kowalski in Vanishing Point say anything that demoralizing about his fine ride!
You beat me to it! :smileup:

My lady wants me to name our's Dirty Boy ... The jury is still out on putting it on the spoiler
HA! Dirty Boy is fantastic!
Although I think Challengers are chics!

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
Second, I used to call my CHALLY 'Mine', but thanks to Jay Cox, her name is now Panda-monium(wild uproar or unrestrained disorder; tumult or chaos). That pretty much describes me and the car. ;)
I like that one Panda,very creative :smileup:

·
Wolf in Sheeps clothing
997 Posts
I would like to throw the idea out there that if someone creates a thread about the "chally" name,,, it get closed out immediately by a moderator.

its getting old. Lets talk about the CAR. :val:

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I named mine Ash...(see avatar picture)...Why? Because I love the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movies...And, like Ash, who is a loudmouthed braggart from the future, my car is a loudmouthed braggart from the past.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I am 73 and come from a time when guys use to name their cars. I just completed the cosmetic mods on my Challenger 392. My 392 is Octane Red.
First, I changed the interior seats from Black to Red and Black with the Red Leather from the head rest to the bottom of the seats; back and front. I also put Red Leather on the inserts of doors and back panels to break up the solid Black look . Looks pretty good I think,.
Next I had custom Silver Carbon Fiber stripes put on from front ground piece to the bottom rear bumper. On the side I used a stripe sceam from back in the early 70's, similar to the old super bee stripe and made some modifications. The bottom of the side stripe extends to the back of the front wheel wheel. In the middle of the bottom stripe are cut out the words "Demon Spawn". The words "392" and "Demon Spawn" should signal that my car is a 392 Challenger and not a "Demon". I race at the track and am getting more 11 sec runs. My other runs are 12.0xx. I believe for a stock car she deserves a bad name. My kids want to get me a custom license plate the words "BAD PAPA" on the plate. I will create an album if anyone is interested in seeing my "DEMON SPAWN". I will post when I am done. I have to take the pics and figure out how to create an album.

·
Trigger657
1,692 Posts
I am 73 and come from a time when guys use to name their cars. I just completed the cosmetic mods on my Challenger 392. My 392 is Octane Red.
First, I changed the interior seats from Black to Red and Black with the Red Leather from the head rest to the bottom of the seats; back and front. I also put Red Leather on the inserts of doors and back panels to break up the solid Black look . Looks pretty good I think,.
Next I had custom Silver Carbon Fiber stripes put on from front ground piece to the bottom rear bumper. On the side I used a stripe sceam from back in the early 70's, similar to the old super bee stripe and made some modifications. The bottom of the side stripe extends to the back of the front wheel wheel. In the middle of the bottom stripe are cut out the words "Demon Spawn". The words "392" and "Demon Spawn" should signal that my car is a 392 Challenger and not a "Demon". I race at the track and am getting more 11 sec runs. My other runs are 12.0xx. I believe for a stock car she deserves a bad name. My kids want to get me a custom license plate the words "BAD PAPA" on the plate. I will create an album if anyone is interested in seeing my "DEMON SPAWN". I will post when I am done. I have to take the pics and figure out how to create an album.
I'm game. Can't wait to see them...... :)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It certainly isn’t Chally.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts